Reloadeers, chime in

Radio Flyer1647545514

I'm about to order a Dillon 550b from enos. Strong mount, 9mm die set, 223 die set, roller handle, extra small tubes.

That's my list for the loader, anything to add or other comments as to pros and cons of other systems? Square deal b, 650, Hornady lnl?

Already using a Lee for rifle loads. We already have a tumbler and cutter and all of the other necessary equipment.

I want to speed things up for pistol ammo and plinking/ class ammo for the .223

I've been very happy with my 650. extra primer tubes are a good idea, I didn't get the auto case or bullet feeder it already has more capacity than I can feed. I've been fine without the roller handle, personal preference. I keep a grease gun and some small brushes nearby. Great equipment, wish I got one 10 years ago.

Be prepared to receive their "Blue Press" complete with amateur? models on the front trying to look sexy in ways that are kind of pathetic...every month. It does have pretty decent articles in it though.

Oh yeah, if you plan on switching calibers a lot (I don't, it's kind of a pita) an extra toolhead will make it a bit faster, getting the powder right probably takes me the longest but not to the point where I want to have an entire duplicate setup.

I'm about to order a Dillon 550b from enos. Strong mount, 9mm die set, 223 die set, roller handle, extra small tubes.

That's my list for the loader, anything to add or other comments as to pros and cons of other systems? Square deal b, 650, Hornady lnl?

Already using a Lee for rifle loads. We already have a tumbler and cutter and all of the other necessary equipment.

I want to speed things up for pistol ammo and plinking/ class ammo for the .223

XL650 and Rock Chucker here. I would highly recommend a case feeder depending on the volume you plan to run.

The only Lee die I like is their FCD. All others I use RCBS and Redding. I have one set of Hornady and they aren't bad, but I like the others better. Pick up extra primer pins because you will break them.

Pick up a stuck case remover die from RCBS. You'll be glad you did when you stick your first case.

Hornady One-shot for case lubing or make your own.

Frankfort Arsenal primer tube filler is the cats ass.

Also, pick up some Hornady locking rings for your dies. They make life so much easier if you plan to swap dies out. Or better yet, add another toolhead as well for each caliber.

Make sure you have a solid bench. Lag bolt it to the studs if you have too.

I have a 550b. If you're going to be reloading a LOT, a case feeder as mentioned would be nice. Lets you keep your hand on the handle.

The 650 is a bit nice that it has auto indexing as well, speeds things up even more.

Also, pick up some Hornady locking rings for your dies. They make life so much easier if you plan to swap dies out. Or better yet, add another toolhead as well for each caliber.

Dillion toolheads and toolhead stands FTW.

I have a 550b. If you're going to be reloading a LOT, a case feeder as mentioned would be nice. Lets you keep your hand on the handle.

The 650 is a bit nice that it has auto indexing as well, speeds things up even more.

Dillion toolheads and toolhead stands FTW.

I run both. I like to work up test loads on my RCBS so I'll occasionally pull them out of their respective tool head, so it makes it nice when putting them back.

So get rcbs dies over the Dillon then?

How many rounds in a sitting do you do that you feel you need the case feeder?

Thanks for the info on the Hornady locking rings.

Ordering tomorrow if I feel I have enough info on what I want.

I have about 5 sets of Dillon dies. They're OK. I had to have 0.020" lathed off the base of my .223 sizing die because it wasn't pushing the shoulder back enough for one of my tight-chambered barrels. Dillon told me to rub it on sand paper when I called them. Lol

I ordered the 550b and the Dillon die set for 9mm.

4 small pick up tupes

Roller Handle

Strong Mount

Extra toolhead for .223

toolhead stand

I think that's all I put on my list.

Looking into the case feeder and primer filler but don't know if I need them yet so I'm going to hold off on them.

My buddy has all the tools to pull a stuck case so I didn't order the case puller either.

Thanks for all the suggestions and input.

I built mine off of a shop fox. it works well.

I reload 308 only. But, I didn't have to anchor it down or anything.

It's probably "not ideal" but its pretty sturdy once assembled and works well in tight spaces (like the area in which I reload).

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001UE7JP4/ref=sr_ph?ie=UTF8&qid=1441912855&sr=1&keywords=tool+table

Also went out to test my first batch of 9mm loads.

147gr xtreme bullets with 3.2gr to 3.5gr of hogdgon titegroup. The 3.2gr seemed to be best, I just need a chronograph to make sure it meets power factor.

I run 124s with 4.0gr of Titegroup. Powder puffs. And they meet minor PF consistently.

Do you still shoot uspsa? I have only done two matches so far since briar is the only place that I know of that holds them.

I haven't in a couple years. I used to shoot PCSI, miamisburg, Miami valley, and Briar.

I'd love to get back into it but have gotten caught up in Sporting Clays recently and simply don't have enough time for both right now.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=655&pictureid=8272

Got everything set up at my buddy's house while I get ready to move and get my bench built.

Set up took longer than anticipated but that's part of the learning process of this machine. If I have to help someone out with one sometime I think it'll go much quicker. Reloading on it is so quick and smooth compared to the Lee Turret I'm used to. I first set up my COAL at my guns max with no cushion and went back to check a few rounds and they don't stay perfectly consistent, a good amount were over length so I had to go back and fix them.

I moved the die to give room for some cushion and all was fine with the rest of the session with all of the rounds under my max COAL.

I've got the bullet bin and case bin on the way for convenience.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=655&pictureid=8272

Got everything set up at my buddy's house while I get ready to move and get my bench built.

Set up took longer than anticipated but that's part of the learning process of this machine. If I have to help someone out with one sometime I think it'll go much quicker. Reloading on it is so quick and smooth compared to the Lee Turret I'm used to. I first set up my COAL at my guns max with no cushion and went back to check a few rounds and they don't stay perfectly consistent, a good amount were over length so I had to go back and fix them.

I moved the die to give room for some cushion and all was fine with the rest of the session with all of the rounds under my max COAL.

I've got the bullet bin and case bin on the way for convenience.

You won't get super consistent OALs unless you clamp the tool head. Check out UniqueTek.