Brakes Very Dusty after Hydraulic Brake Booster Failure

spankis

Long story short my truck had an issue develop several months ago with the brake booster, which resulted in the brakes sticking badly when depressed (not releasing). I had a pretty adventurous time when they stuck on at around 55 merging from 70w to 315N. Rather than sitting on the shoulder, I limped the truck off the freeway at 10mph or so to Long Street with the brakes partially engaged. As you'd expect they got pretty warm in the quarter mile of crawling with the brakes on...

The truck was towed to Dozzers and he fixed me up with a replacement hydroboost unit. Brakes work well since then, but the pads are now dusting way more heavily.

Both the pads and rotors (65k mile factory units) have plenty of life left since I use the exhaust brake constantly, but I've got to do something as I'm deep cleaning my wheels weekly to keep the dust at bay. My question is did the pads get ruined or glazed over when overheated, or is it more likely damage to the rotor?

I may get a chance to inspect a bit more this weekend, but I don't see any grooving or obvious surface damage to the rotor. There is some discoloration where it looks like the pad sat while hot.