Donating a car to GoodWill, have ?s.

Stampede

They changed the laws a couple years ago and in my opinion it's not worth it unless you just need to get rid of the car.

Max write off is $500 these days...or you can gamble and hope it goes for more than $500 at auction and then you can write off whatever it seeks for at auction. But if that's less than the $500 you could have claimed by default then that's what you are stuck with.

Also consider this is $500 x your tax bracket when it comes to the amount that you will actually get back in taxes. So really expect maybe $150-200 max for the effort.

If you're going the donation route, you might also consider a career tech school. Auto tech and auto body kids can practice on it. Once our shop kids have done as much practice as they can the cars normally go to our firefighting program for practice. You can guess what happens there.

Might be more worth it to sell to a junk yard...I think you can at least get 3-400 in cash there.

This, if you can still get it to start it's worth more per ton. You said it needs an engine so maybe not. My Dad has been getting rid of stuff for people lately (he drives a rollback) so if you want his number maybe you guys can work out a cash deal to get rid of it if you go that route.