Erie roofing

Mojoe

Some of you may know we have been having a hard time get getting a reliable contractor for some work here at the house. One of the project we are looking into is our roof being replaced. I don't know how it is now leaking, but it looks pretty bad. Lately there have been adds on the radio for Erie roof. A couple weeks ago I called and set up a time for them to come out and do an estimate. There was a guy who took the call, then there was a guy who called me later that day to confirm the appointment. On the day of the appointment, I got out of work early and called to tell them I was free 3 hours earlier, so they didn't have to wait till 6pm, if their schedule allowed. Talked to a third person, who said they would tell the second person, who apparently was going to call the 4th person who would be doing the estimate. I get a call at 6pm saying they weren't coming out and were held up at an earlier estimate. They tried to reschedule and I said call me next week. Later that night, two times I was called by them. But, it was like I was pocket dialed. I could hear the call center people talking about how they get paid, or use to get paid for appointments. I hung up both times with no one talking to me. The next week I got a call asking to come back out. I said no and that I just don't like all the sales BS that I was feeling from them. Later I get a call from someone who does quality control asking if I would explain my experience and being very apologetic. They had already pulled all calls to my number and listened to them, confirming what I was saying. They asked if a district manager could come do my estimate and if I would give them another try. I said I could be home Monday evening and to do 6pm again.

Tonight, 6:10 and no one here. So, now I call just to say WTH. I was told she would find out where they were and was very sorry. 6:25, they drive up. Blamed that someone wrote the address wrong and they couldn't find the place. Yet, they never called. First thing I notice is the soles are literally about to fall off his shoes. He went right into wanting to sit down inside and talk. I said I need an estimate on the roof, that's outside. "Well how can I don my presentation?" I said we can sit in the sunroom here. He huffed like a 4 year old. From there is was shitty sales chit chat and asking me questions about the roof. I didn't build the fucking house. If we had walked around, like I suggested, then you would know about the roof more. So we go outside and no shit, "that wasn't done right and this wasn't done right". Part of it needs to be built out further to be right and have the roof line matchup. He said I don't know if we can do your roof with it like that. I told him, that's what needs fixed. He walked around the rest of the house and the sent some pics and made some calls. Said that they replace roofs, not build them. "But, let me show you our product". At this point, I just want to see this gee wiz roof system with a 110 year life. Yup, it was neat. And, for our 2200sqft home, a new roof would be about $35,000 to $40,000. We were borderline argumentative with each other at this point anyway, and I said that's not happening, but you have a neat roof design. He said good bye and let me know his time was wasted in how he said it.

Is this the 1950's? Do people still think they need to hard sell everything? How are you in sales and you can't build report or relate to the homeowner. How have you been doing this 20 years and you don't have a decent pair of shoes and you're the district manager?

Cliffs:

Erie sells roofs like used car salesman.

They have no idea how to read a clock and be on time.

They will want to see the inside of your house too, so they can talk to you about updating and remodeling.

They only want to come out if both spouses are there, so they can sell sell sell.

You are going to pay a shit ton for their roof. But, it is probably lava proof.

Ad on the radio said free $25 gas card with estimate. Nope.

Edited by Paul
Fixed ROOK INTO ROOF

Looking for a new roof myself. Having some issues with nail pop on a few shingles. Roof was done in 99.

I started calling around for normal roofers. Called Ascent, Able, Muth, Apco, Altas, and Superior. (CR recommendations are not roofing anymore)

Haven't heard back from Superior and Able didn't answer.

Still waiting on most estimates, but Atlas came out on Friday. The guy who came out ended up hopping on my roof and fixing what he saw wrong FOR FREE! Gave me an estimate that I expected and told me about some installation errors from the last installers.

Not sold on Atlas yet, but they are doing the right things.

This is contracting in general. There are way too many out there that are willing to spend and fall for the up sells and sales pitches. We are having the same problems over here with all sorts of contractors.

I'm on my 6th referral general contractor this summer. No one calls or text back, and they never show up when they say they will. Business must be great out there. We have a guy now, and have ordered our new doors and window for him to install. Then the deck and dock by the pond are getting rebuilt. He's replacing some bad sections of ceder siding around the house, and then we should be set to repaint the house.

We are doing a new shed build, new driveway (still waiting for Sam to do a estimate from last year), would like to do the roof on the detached garage, and several projects inside the house.

I just can't get over how people do business.

Any thought of trying Angies List? So far contractors I have cold contacted through Angies List have all been great. I contact them through the website even so they know up front I'm a customer and will be writing a review of their service. Several have even given a discount for being on Angies List.

Any thought of trying Angies List? So far contractors I have cold contacted through Angies List have all been great. I contact them through the website even so they know up front I'm a customer and will be writing a review of their service. Several have even given a discount for being on Angies List.

I called 4 contractors from Angies list. Two did not call back, and the others were not looking to do the job for weeks. I said fine, we don't need it done right away. This was in June and July, they still have not come by for the estimate or called. We have since not renewed our Angies list membership. We found our Vet and our HVAC company on there though. Although I have also called 4 companies on there about redoing our driveway. None have called back. I don't chase down spending my money. I would like the company to respect my time, as I do their skill, and simply call back and follow through.

I fucking hate someone trying to sell to me. I know a guy who sells every time you talk to him. I call him out on it too. Really fucking cheesy shit is said to make him point. Even the over thought hand gestures with him annoy the shit out of me.

Here's what I want. Can you do that, and how much? Is that so difficult?

What a terrible experience. Thanks for posting so I know never to use them. It sounds like that guy just wanted to make a sale and didnt give a crap about your roof. Reminds me of a used car salesman. "Dont look at that oil leak, look at these power windows"

I'm on my 6th referral general contractor this summer. No one calls or text back, and they never show up when they say they will. Business must be great out there. We have a guy now, and have ordered our new doors and window for him to install. Then the deck and dock by the pond are getting rebuilt. He's replacing some bad sections of ceder siding around the house, and then we should be set to repaint the house.

We are doing a new shed build, new driveway (still waiting for Sam to do a estimate from last year), would like to do the roof on the detached garage, and several projects inside the house.

I just can't get over how people do business.

That's our biggest issue too. We never get return calls and the few that make it out to estimate just vanish. Why bother coming out if you aren't going to follow up with the quote?

I will put in my personal referral for Rescue Roofing. I have literally used them on dozens of properties, both mine and at work.

The owner Ken Maynard was a foreman for Able twenty years ago. He left and started his own company. The only issue I could foresee, is that they are small and may be fairly busy, as with most good contractors right now. I've referred Ken many times and have yet to hear a negative comment.

Rescue Roofing 614-837-7377

You'll get Ken or his wife, tell them Shaun from Towne sent you.