Scary Dyno Fail

wagner

It said 200 shot and took WAY too long to pull through 4th. It should have revved much quicker than it did. Plenty of us have cars that make decent power and know what a pull is like. I only have 3 digits for my rwhp though :(

Guess I'm clueless.

You get the sarcastic point....as do I.

And I just watched the video....and other than running it hard through the gears to get up to speed for the pull, I didn't see anything done wrong. For those of you that say "who runs a dyno that high" Obviously don't have a high HP Car that can easily make it to mid high triple digits on a simple 3rd gear pull on the dyno. Just saying.

*Sarcasm fail

First, we're not talking about any other car other than this Mustang. So, you're point and your insults are mute. (As I mentioned, I'm not so sure you were being sarcastic, but this is the internet so I'll just continue to answer the way I want. :D) THIS Mustang was unnecessarily ran out to the top of 5th. Whether it was a tire issue, an operator issue or how it was strapped down is irrelevant. You don't need to do that to dyno that Mustang. I think the operator was irresponsible and the owner will probably have to pay for it. Besides, dynos aren't for cross country racing...

There are millions of dyno videos on YouTube. For those of you saying this is a normal dyno pull, please link me a video of a dyno pull even remotely this long.

We pulled a 1991 RX7 for a ungodly length of time back in college. Tires were extremely hot when done and even starting to chunk a little. But I'm wiser now than I was then

*Sarcasm fail

First, we're not talking about any other car other than this Mustang. So, you're point and your insults are mute. (As I mentioned, I'm not so sure you were being sarcastic, but this is the internet so I'll just continue to answer the way I want. :D) THIS Mustang was unnecessarily ran out to the top of 5th. Whether it was a tire issue, an operator issue or how it was strapped down is irrelevant. You don't need to do that to dyno that Mustang. I think the operator was irresponsible and the owner will probably have to pay for it. Besides, dynos aren't for cross country racing...

http://grammarist.com/usage/moot-mute/

http://blog.dictionary.com/moot-point-vs-mute-point/

There are millions of dyno videos on YouTube. For those of you saying this is a normal dyno pull, please link me a video of a dyno pull even remotely this long.

this

We still don't have four digit HP cars so we know nothing...

Guess how many fucks I give about that mustang or what people believe my words were meant to. I still stick by my original statement of other than hitting it hard off the bat(and a very slow pull) I didn't see anything that the operator did that should have or would

Have caused a tire to come apart. Funny how many jumped to tire ratings and speed ratings who don't/didn't know how they are rated. Regardless of my statement, I said that right off the bat correcting guys. So yeah...,in other words....Zero.

You are correct. Sometimes, you just get the one spelling in your head and type it out before any checks are made. lol (This is for CR and not an actual letter grade.) I do know the difference, however. ;)

Thanks for the backhanded compliment, though. I mean, if that's all you had to complain about, then I'm good. :p

You are correct. Sometimes, you just get the one spelling in your head and type it out before any checks are made. lol (This is for CR and not an actual letter grade.) I do know the difference, however. ;)

Thanks for the backhanded compliment, though. I mean, if that's all you had to complain about, then I'm good. :p

:gabe:

Guess how many fucks I give about that mustang or what people believe my words were meant to. I still stick by my original statement of other than hitting it hard off the bat(and a very slow pull) I didn't see anything that the operator did that should have or would

Have caused a tire to come apart. Funny how many jumped to tire ratings and speed ratings who don't/didn't know how they are rated. Regardless of my statement, I said that right off the bat correcting guys. So yeah...,in other words....Zero.

You have zero chance of becoming a dyno operator. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Your certain reply will reinforce the zero fucks given

:lolguy:

This kind of shit always worries me when I'm around a dyno.

I was talking to a couple guys about this video last night, and it seems like this happens more than you would think. The one guy had it happen on a BRAND NEW set of tires as well.

That dyno pull seemed like it was FOREVER long... but I don't know where the gearing on a Mustang puts 150MPH gear and RPM wise.

You are suppose to dyno in your 1:1 gear, which for example on a GTR is 5th gear. I have seen plenty of those exceed 160 MPH wheel speed during a pull.

1:1 on the 12 gt I had in 5th 170mph at 7k.