Nashville TN

04r1

Currently sitting in BNA waiting for my flight back to CMH.

Basically Broadway from 5th to 1st is where you'll find all that shit.

If you want some killer coffee and breakfast hit up Barista Parlor in 5 points. It's a bunch of dudes making coffee in the most abnoxious, hipster, pseudo-lumberjack looking way possible.

For a car guy, I would think the Lane Motor Museum should be on your list. It's not a large museum but has some very unusual vehicles.

I liked Centennial Park a lot. Panduh already gave you the low-down on entertainment and bar scene. It's a little more Bohemian than most people expect for Nashville.

Dining at Prime 108 in the Union Station Hotel is an experience you won't soon forget because of the awesome architecture. The food ain't bad, either. ;)

My wife and I went with some friends a couple months ago and it was one of my favorite cities ever. We did a tour with The Pedal Tavern the first day, and honestly it helped us tremendously with getting familiar with the area and our guide gave great advice for saving money and time. I'll try to give some insight, but most of the trip is hazy now. Lol

I felt like most of the bars on Broadway were too crowded to enjoy and played rap/pop/club country stuff. If that's what you're looking for, by all means, that's where to find it. My favorite bar was Bourbon Street Blues and Boogie (something close to that). I can't remember the name of the street, but at the end of Broadway by the river, there were a few bars in a row that had plenty of elbow room and great live music, more traditional type country. I'm thinking one of those bars was The Silver Dollar or something like that. The George Jones museum has a rooftop bar, which was awesome. Two Bits is a bar with a bunch of free old school arcade games and a tv for every booth with different gaming systems hooked up.

Uber is a good way to get around, but they also have a "free" golf cart service. You'll see them everywhere, just call them up and they work on tips. If you insist on driving yourself, just a block or two off Broadway makes the difference between $20+ for a couple hours to $10 for 24 hours.

Manny's House of Pizza in Arcade Alley was awesome. Small, dirty outdated place, but perfect pizza atmosphere with authentic dudes working and Manny himself in the back haha. The Grilled Cheeserie is a food truck that sets up at different locations, a little pricey for what it was, but good sandwiches. Martins BBQ was pretty good, and if you want to see what hot chicken is all about, I thought Hattie B's was a really good lunch.

Not sure if it's anything that'd interest you, but we also went to a place called The Great Escape one night and had a blast. They had different rooms you could choose, and each room is game that you're locked into and have to find clues to escape in time. The room required 6 people, so we got paired up with another couple. Luckily, they were really cool and all of us were pretty shitfaced but tried to act super focused and intelligent, which made for some pretty funny one liners. We didn't make it out in time, missed it by 2 minutes.

If you like beer try Flying Saucer, food was ok but they had a SHIT TON of beer, good atmosphere too.

Do yourself a favor, next time dont bother with a hotel downtown theyre all crazy expensive. Stay at the Nashville hostel, its literally two blocks from broadway and if you have a party of 3-4 you can all get your own personal room anyway. Every year my team plays in a hockey tourney down there and we all stay at the hostel, never regret it either. Always meet new/interesting people, alot of international types.

Personally i think alot of the downtown bars are better in the early evening time. Before the big crowd hits and every place is playing country. Every bar on Broadway will have a live band, some play exclusively country other play whatever gets people dancing which will be top 40 crap... and wagon wheel... you will hear wagon wheel more than you have ever wanted to hear that fucking song ever.