Mail Truck

schmuckingham

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I don't really have any exciting updates. It is hard to work on a car when it is an hour away. The CAN gauge for the PRO EFI came in and the local machine shop finished my new intake flange.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/Schmuckingham/My%20vehicles/20151120_114838_zpsjpygwk4w.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/Schmuckingham/My%20vehicles/20151124_164152_zpsrslv5obq.jpg

I still need to have a distributor cap delete made, not sure how I want to approach it yet.

• 2 months later...

Just curious, and maybe some of you welding guys can answer this, how do you get those to line up perfectly while welding? Just mock them up with clamps, spot weld to stay in place then finish up? I would think it would be a pain in the ass to get them to line up perfectly and stay there while working on the rest of the piece. It is beautiful work though.

Just curious, and maybe some of you welding guys can answer this, how do you get those to line up perfectly while welding? Just mock them up with clamps, spot weld to stay in place then finish up? I would think it would be a pain in the ass to get them to line up perfectly and stay there while working on the rest of the piece. It is beautiful work though.

That would be a question for Alex

• 2 months later...

Yes, you lay/draw it out first, I use magnetic/weldable clamps then you tack into place then weld. Precise machining may be different but this is what I do for structural work which probably has more tolerance than automotive.