Viper ACR vs P1 vs 918

Mallard

To kick off SEMA Dodge announced that the new Viper ACR has broken 13 track records around the country, as well as Laguna Seca.

At Laguna, Randy Probst drove the car and VBOX data was supplied to Motor Trend, allowing them to compare it to all the previous data they have.

http://m.motortrend.com/wot/wrecking_the_production_car_lap_record_at_mazda_raceway_laguna_seca.html

To kick off SEMA Dodge announced that the new Viper ACR has broken 13 track records around the country, as well as Laguna Seca.

At Laguna, Randy Probst drove the car and VBOX data was supplied to Motor Trend, allowing them to compare it to all the previous data they have.

http://m.motortrend.com/wot/wrecking_the_production_car_lap_record_at_mazda_raceway_laguna_seca.html

I'm doing an article soon on another ACR car from 2004, would you be able to give me info on the car, or put me in contact with someone who can?

I'm doing an article soon on another ACR car from 2004, would you be able to give me info on the car, or put me in contact with someone who can?

A specific car or the ACR model?

Feel free to PM.

Edited by Mallard

Impressive. How easy is it to reach those limits comparatively, though? The old ACR used to break the records and hearts of Porsches and the like, as well. But was a noted beast who needed a proper handler. Of course, that's part of the appeal for many.

Randy Probst has notoriously been afraid of the Viper. The fact that he is the one that set this time should say a lot. Also, the new ACR has TCS and ESC, so a novice still has a safety net, but the car was tuned for the amateur club racer to be able to handle.