Recommend a 4k TV.

Nickey4271647545519

I still enjoy my 65" Sammy. Great choice and it was the largest non-curved model I could find.

Some bugs in the operating system, but its pretty neat how I can control everything from DVR to Netflix with one remote.

IMO the best option is to pick the best Samsung your budget permits. They are all priced per MAP pricing (similar to precision turbo) where no retailer can price it below a certain amount off the TV's. So pick the nearest and best support and buy it there. Any big chain will have the same price.

I know just enough about TVs to not make a total tater purchase. You pay for what you get and we are looking at something in the 50 inch and up range like this:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-55-class-54-6-diag--led-2160p-smart-4k-ultra-hd-tv-black/4213306.p?id=1219707301732&skuId=4213306

Buy "cheap" smart TV with shitty processor and get lag. Buy a nicer one and its not as big of an issue. My JS8500 is not super fast, but its definitely better than what you are describing.

It's not the cheaper samsung, but one level up from that. the quad core one?

Netflix works okay on it, have to change profiles to force a refresh almost every day, and youtube will work for about 25 minutes before it freezes or crashes.

oddly my dad's cheapass shitty vizio smart tv is MUCh faster and hasn't crashed yet. wtf?

This is the one I have.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-65-class-64-5-diag--led-2160p-smart-3d-4k-ultra-hd-tv-silver/5184121.p?id=1219646565339&skuId=5184121

Like I said its not lightning fast, but it has improved with each software update. I also need to update the firmware. Also the TV learned the DVR and I can control the guide with the TV remote, which is nice. That is not exactly perfect though. It did crash a few times before the last update, but it has only crashed the youtube app one time since the update.

Prob get what you pay for, and have to decide what is most important. You can make tradeoffs to gain in the areas that are important to you. We were shopping for the family room, which is the biggest TV in our house. I don't care about 3D, so I traded 3D for size. I was able to get a 75" Samsung with great "smart" features and picture quality for a good price because it wasn't 3D capable.

Btw, I am very impressed with the Samsung apps, I am able to watch movie pub right on my TV browser, no lag or buffering.

This is the one I have.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-65-class-64-5-diag--led-2160p-smart-3d-4k-ultra-hd-tv-silver/5184121.p?id=1219646565339&skuId=5184121

Like I said its not lightning fast, but it has improved with each software update. I also need to update the firmware. Also the TV learned the DVR and I can control the guide with the TV remote, which is nice. That is not exactly perfect though. It did crash a few times before the last update, but it has only crashed the youtube app one time since the update.

I would go with the 55 inch model, but no place local will have it until Feb.

I would go with the 55 inch model, but no place local will have it until Feb.

That's what I ran into and ordered it from amazon. However it took too long to deliver and was a week of just calling and getting no answers. As much as I like the TV, I will be much more cautious about what I order from Amazon in the future.

If you have a device to run apps/streaming then I would just ignore the smart features and focus on the important content just for the tv itself. I haven't used any of the smart features on mine since I got my Oppo.

Yeah, I have no need for the smart features on most TVs.

I'm starting to sway awam from Samsung due to complaints about TVs that are doa, dead areas, and random turning off and on.

This seems to be close.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-55-class-54-6-diag--led-2160p-smart-3d-4k-ultra-hd-tv-black/2698063.p?id=1219555370088&skuId=2698063