Mercedes people - C300 advice wanted

Vulcan900

Hi all,

My girlfriend is looking at this specific C300.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=43054&endYear=2016&keywordPhrases=AT-16ACB07E&sortBy=mileageASC&showcaseOwnerId=67968&startYear=1981&searchRadius=200&showcaseListingId=407481375&listingId=380416126&Log=0

I am just seeing what everyone thinks. Is this a good deal? Anything I should ask or check about when talking to the seller?

Thanks for any input.

I loved my c300 sport. I had 0 failures during my time with it and it was a comfortable ride. Only owned it for a little more than a year and about 15k miles.

There's a recall on the tail lights you'll want to ensure is done or have it done if not. Also the cam plugs commonly go on them and leak oil on the exhaust. I don't know what it costs but my friend at Mercedes changed them for less than $100 and some beer.

PS The price seems fair.

Such as what?

She can probably get a well equipped ATS AWD with similar miles in the same price range. Might be a little more expensive due to the fact ATS came out in 2013 vs a 2011 MB, but that ATS would also still be under warranty for quite a while. Maybe even a little older CTS that'd still have powertrain warranty.

Also Lexus IS can be had with AWD in the same price and age range.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

I think she is looking at Lexus too, but didn't see one that she liked yet.

She has had a subaru for the last 7-8 years so her one requirement that the car is AWD.

She is just used to that and wants it going forward.

I will let her know about the EIS problems.