98 Fbody misfire

98WS6

Im having this issue on my TA and its starting to irritate me. My car has developed a misfire over the week. My light came on Sunday and i scanned it at work and came up as a p0300 Random multiple misfire. Cleared the code and it did not come on till today on my way into work this morning. When i got there i scanned it with a buddys Matco Handheld scanner and came up as a p0306 Misfire on cylinder 6. When leaving work on my way to job number 2 i scanned the car again but this time with a fancy high dollar snap on scanner and it shows as the random multiple misfire and a p0161. Ive read up on the p0161 code and its a bank 2 sensor 2 sensor heater malfunction. Everything ive read on various fbody/ls1 forums is that sensor will have no effect on engine performance and is usually deleted. The car has a vibration at idle but when driving it does not feel sluggish at anyway. Ive plugged in a spark tester and im getting spark from all coils. I dont want to rule out that one maybe on its way out. Mods are SLP Lid, NGK tr55 plugs gapped at .050 MSD 8.5mm wires. Flowmaster muffler. I do know the fuel filter has never been changed and ive read they should be changed every other oil change.

I know there are alot of people on here very knowledgeable on LS1's/FBody and hoping i can get insight on this. I feel as if this is something small and im over looking it.

Thanks for any help/advice and sorry for the long post.

On my 01 I kept getting a pesky p0300 and it ended up being a dirty maf

This. Try cleaning it first. Cheap and easy.

As for a scan tool, do yourself a favor a pick up a obd bluetooth scanner off of amazon. Download the torque pro app. You can set it up to watch alot including misses on each individual cylinder.