This is the LS I'd want in my BRZ

Draco-REX

Personally, I think all the horror stories about too high rpm were overblown. Is it great for longevity? Probably not, but I doubt most spinning to 7k are gonna grenade as soon as they hit 7001. ;-)

I think most that do it are drag racers, so the motor truly sees little time at max RPM.

A stock 6.0 in a road race for 30 laps for example may not last @ 7250 rpm :)

Also its the internet. One "expert" tosses a rod, and everyone hops on the fear bandwagon

I think most that do it are drag racers, so the motor truly sees little time at max RPM.

A stock 6.0 in a road race for 30 laps for example may not last @ 7250 rpm :)

Also its the internet. One "expert" tosses a rod, and everyone hops on the fear bandwagon

Dale from tach-it-up was abusing his to like 8k iirc road racing and all sorts. He beat the piss out of his motor trying to toast it and it never did let go. He came to one of my drag rentals and hearing his vette launch was beautiful music. He'd hold it at the 8k (or whatever) limiter and just dump the clutch. His goal was to scatter the bottom end but after many many passes, he quit trying. Lol. He would scare people away from the line holding that thing there screaming away. :lolguy:

Dale from tach-it-up was abusing his to like 8k iirc road racing and all sorts. He beat the piss out of his motor trying to toast it and it never did let go. He came to one of my drag rentals and hearing his vette launch was beautiful music. He'd hold it at the 8k (or whatever) limiter and just dump the clutch. His goal was to scatter the bottom end but after many many passes, he quit trying. Lol. He would scare people away from the line holding that thing there screaming away. :lolguy:

Stock bottom end? Sotck hardware? Stock power?