z1000 and z750

armin922

The wind blast may tire you out on a naked FYI. My buddy went a long way on his 919 but you are very exposed to the elements and it really wears your neck out. Contrast this to my old VFR and I hopped off feeling great. Read a few reviews, most reviews mention long distance comfort.

A riding buddy of mine had a Z1000 and could really make it haul through the twisities. Never really mentioned wind protection, but there isn't much there.

If you're looking for something similar with better protection, I've really enjoyed the FZ1 for longer trips. It definitely doesn't have the streetfighter look quite like the Z, but it's a good compromise for sport/comfort and an upright position.

Z1k = teh hott hott sex for a nekkid bike. 2003 orange model with the 4-2-4 pipes.

Now, if it could only have the mean sound of a vtwin.... my SV sounds better, but the Zed looks better.

Edited by JRMMiii
Actually it's 4-2-4, not 4-1-4 pipes

I had the 03 Z1000 and LOVED it. not a bad thing to say about it at all.

Get the Z1000 over the 750, sooooooo much better looking.

The Z1000 stands up very well in the rear impact from a Cherokee department also.

I think the Z1000 (03-06) is pretty much the ultimate stock production streetfighter.

Best colors are the 2003 in orange, green or black/red

I hate to ask this but I really don't feel like searching google or wiki right now... ...street fighter.... where does that come from why are some of these bikes refered to as having a 'street fighter' look?

...some dude from work mentioned my bike had that look... maybe for it's time. It's out dated I think.. I dunno.

[yeah all you who remember me.. I'm not dead. Just inactive till now].....

I had a 03 Z1....I didn't like it, after a 400 mile day in WV, I traded it in. My biggest problem was with the ergo's, and bad "buzz" at highway speed. It killed my butt, and the handlebar "buzz" numbed my hands. In all fairness it wasn't a good choice for my kind of riding, I'll ride about 10K per year, and when I get on my bike I almost always ride 200 miles, I can't get out of town quick enough. I bought a gen 1 FZ1, and it was one of my favorite bikes..

My wife bought a Z750. She had a ZR750S prior to the Z750, she loved the 750S, but hated the Z750.......I liked it. She now has a Versys, and loves it. It's one of my favorite's also.

Edited by jnor

I think what jnor is trying to say is that the Z is a little too RockN'Roll for some. :D

But he is correct. The issues he stated are the common complaints you'll hear about the Z. Some easily corrected, some not.

hmnmmm, this is gonna be a tough decision and i appreciate all of your comments. The only thing thats holding me back now is the wind protection. I was also wondering, what do all of u think of the sv650? Im also considering that as well.