1997 Corvette

Cordell

Let me start by saying that I do not need to sell this car, and that I don't really want to. However it just makes much more financial sense for me to let it go. That being said $15000 is my price, and I have a loan on the car so I'm not going to move on price.

Anyways,

1997 Corvette coupe, 6 speed, 53k miles, arctic white, black leather, sport seats, memory package.

Since I have had it,

obviously given the miles it sat a lot,

flushed and changed all fluids,

replaced A/C compressor, serviced A/C system, all works perfectly

replaced tires with Nitto NT555 summer tires, less then 2k miles

replaced pads and rotors with power stop pads and Centric rotors, brake fluid flushed to Motul 600

replaced clutch with Monster level 2 ceramic single disk clutch (stock feel rated to 600rwhp), brand new GM slave, brand new Tick adjustable master cylinder

This car doesn't leak a drop of anything, and once the mechanicals where all up to my personal standards I did the following,

C5 Z06 leaf springs

C5 Z06 shocks

C6 Z06 sway bars

Stainless 1.75 longtube headers by XSPower w/offroad x-pipe

Corsa exhaust with tigershark tips

custom dyno tuned to correct air fuel ratio, made about 330/330 (I'll have to find the sheet)

and I bought a custom fit indoor car cover

_MG_2454-M.jpg

_MG_2467-M.jpg

Edited by Cordell

Thanks Wagner.

The interior isn't perfect, typical C5 stuff, worn seat bolsters, and the door panels, but it's not bad. A couple nicks here and there. Otherwise in good condition inside and out. I'd call it, interior 6/10, exterior 8/10.

Having done this in the past myself I know this sucks, but it was the first step for me in turning my life around.

Yeah, but my Camaro has been paid off and doesn't cost much. I will not ever give that up so that does lessen the shitty feeling of giving up something you really like.

Yeah, but my Camaro has been paid off and doesn't cost much. I will not ever give that up so that does lessen the shitty feeling of giving up something you really like.

There is that! I went from a 2002 WS6 to driving a Suburban every day. The highlight for me was when I got the chance to drive my wife's Volvo C70. It was a dark period. That being said, debt forces you to miss other opportunities and forces you to have to make X dollars just to "break even". It is not whether or not you can make the monthly payment it is really should you? What can you do with that payment? Could you afford to make less and take a job you enjoy more?

Any big issues to watch out for in the early years of the C5?

They were relatively unchanged from beginnig to end, the interior is a common issue for people with worn seats and door panels but overall really the same car with the same issues from 1997 to 2004.

They were relatively unchanged from beginnig to end, the interior is a common issue for people with worn seats and door panels but overall really the same car with the same issues from 1997 to 2004.

This would really be a good car for me to get into Corvettes. Really want to get a C5 Z06, but just doesn't make since right now as much as I want to.

This would really be a good car for me to get into Corvettes. Really want to get a C5 Z06, but just doesn't make since right now as much as I want to.

I would buy this over my Z06 had the timing worked out better. GLWS Scott.