wtb sound bar

SRTurbo04

Looking for a simple sound bar and sub setup.

Not looking for anything crazy,just something thats better then the tv speakers.

Tons of options and I'm not saying it's "the one" but I bought a friend of mine a Samsung (yes Samsung) one that has perfect sound for his famiy room for Christmas. Very hard hitting wireless sub and a 48" long sound bar which fit perfect just in front of his 55" LED. Not too big at all.

Like you he wanted much better sound and in a simple family room the sub behind the TV really hits nice and makes everything sound better. Kids and wife were happy with it too.

HHGreg had it for like $260.

Looking for something similar but for much cheaper lol.

Will be dropping coin on a full surround sound in the man cave, this not looking to spend a bunch for this tv since it wont be used for long or often.

Looking for something similar but for much cheaper lol.

Will be dropping coin on a full surround sound in the man cave, this not looking to spend a bunch for this tv since it wont be used for long or often.

Gotcha. Honestly and don't laugh.....you need to check this out:

http://www.parts-express.com/51-home-theater-bundle-12-powered-subwoofer--300-696

I have one in our basement for the kids and it's amazing. I'm not joking. I have some extremely high end tastes in music fidelity and audio upstairs and in our theater in the lower level and while this isn't Paradigm/McIntosh grade it's amazing. Don't let the pricing fool you.

I think 2-3 others from CR can chime in as they own this same set up. I LOL'd when I bought it on a whim and hooked it up. Kids use it every day for movies, TV, gaming in their room in the lower level. Even I will watch movies or football in their vs the larger room.

I'm actually buying more from them for our new house that should be ready next year.

We have a vizio 2.1 set up. I believe it's 38". They sell just the bar for about 100 or bar and sub for 150. I'd say it's well worth it. Sounds great, I like the styling and controls. Allows up to 6 devices. Worked right out of the box with our direct TV remote. We don't even use the wireless sub much because the bar provides clear sound at every volume. Our tv speakers were garbage, that's why we got it, and while we have had home theatres and what not I just couldn't justify spending more then $200 on a living room tv that's running sports, cartoons and movies 24/7.

We have a vizio 2.1 set up. I believe it's 38". They sell just the bar for about 100 or bar and sub for 150. I'd say it's well worth it. Sounds great, I like the styling and controls. Allows up to 6 devices. Worked right out of the box with our direct TV remote. We don't even use the wireless sub much because the bar provides clear sound at every volume. Our tv speakers were garbage, that's why we got it, and while we have had home theatres and what not I just couldn't justify spending more then $200 on a living room tv that's running sports, cartoons and movies 24/7.

+1. Love mine.

Same one i have minus the woofer. Sound is amazing from it. GF paid $100 bucks for just the bar. That one is reconditioned but i dont see anything wrong with buying refurb stuff.

Same one i have minus the woofer. Sound is amazing from it. GF paid $100 bucks for just the bar. That one is reconditioned but i dont see anything wrong with buying refurb stuff.

Was going to post this http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K8WCE7C/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=42DGIKJZTPS8&coliid=IDOLPN7WS7H0F&psc=1, which is probably what you have until I saw the post I've quoted below:

Great reviews and I've had that Amazon linked one on my wish list to purchase soon. I'd probably go after that one Mahle posted if I were ready right now.

If i cant find something might do this.

To be clear, im aware of the nice NEW units out there im looking for a used CHEAPish bar that maybe some one doesnt use anymore adn wants to sell off.

• 3 months later...
+1. Love mine.

Another +1 on the vizio. I was a cheap ass and bought it without the sub because it was on sale at walmart for $98. It does however have the port for the sub (you can buy them both separately).

My living room has cathedral ceilings and even without the sub it sounds pretty damn good for the money (the virtual surround sound works pretty well too)