Found one, but I'd like to discuss LS6 before closing thread.

Jelloman4571647545499

Just in case you didn't know....There is a Replacement aftermarket LS6 Intake that is nearly spot on with power at a great cost in comparison to the used ones guys try to sell.

Are you talking about the one Dorman makes? The reviews I read about that made it sound like it was pretty rough compared to a GM part. Have you seen one personally? I'd like to talk to someone who has seen it firsthand.

Are you talking about the one Dorman makes? The reviews I read about that made it sound like it was pretty rough compared to a GM part. Have you seen one personally? I'd like to talk to someone who has seen it firsthand.

Yes and I am basing it off Dyno power comparison only....I think it was down a whopping 2 HP from the LS6 OEM Variant.....Now as far as fit and finish, I have nop clue, but I would expect it to be OK as many aftermarket parts are. If you have the coin....The Fast is always the best bet but also pretty much costs the most too.

I see what you did with the title, sir. Well played.

The best alternative to an ls6 is a BBk ssi or fast 78 if you can find one. If it's not an oem gm ls6 I wouldn't waste my money.

The Fast 78 hasn't been around in quite some time, but I agree it's a great alternative. The BBK is just like the Weiand I have, a stupid aluminum heat sink. I just keep toying around with the thought of building another engine and debate about intakes, besides mg Corvette could use something comparable to an LS6.

I like the look and design of the BBk more. I ran one before I upgraded to a fast and loved it. I personally don't worry about heat soak, I think most people with street cars obsess about it more than necessary. I made more power with my BBk than my ls6 so for the price I think it's the best route for the $ short of a fast. I plan on putting a 102/92 setup on my 408.

I like the look and design of the BBk more. I ran one before I upgraded to a fast and loved it. I personally don't worry about heat soak, I think most people with street cars obsess about it more than necessary. I made more power with my BBk than my ls6 so for the price I think it's the best route for the $ short of a fast. I plan on putting a 102/92 setup on my 408.

Nice to know it picked up some power over a LS6 for you, but for my Vette getting autocrossed I'm sure it'll heatsoak.

Last I heard the MSD didn't have a good answer for a cable bracket since most LS engine are drive by wire other then an f-body. I'd be more interested if there was more information out there, it just hasn't been around long enough for me. I like letting everybody else figure out the quirks and issues before I buy one.

Nice to know it picked up some power over a LS6 for you, but for my Vette getting autocrossed I'm sure it'll heatsoak.

I never did auto cross, just drag racing. I'm sure you may notice some heat soak.

For that price id save $150 and get a fast 102. They are proven and aren't as ugly as that thing.