Selling old (Classic) toys

Hwilli1647545487

My parents are starting to get up there in age, so this Christmas I told them I would start cleaning all my old things out of their attic. Well apparently I took better care of my toys than my sister, as 90% of the shit up there is mine.

We are talking late 70s, early 80s Gi Joe, Star Wars, Tonka, etc

Is there a reasonably easy way to value and sell these things? I don't particularly want to deal with ebay.

We aren't talking like new condition in the box toys. Sadly a lot of it has been temperature cycled in an attic for the last 30 years, but some things are still in really nice shape.

TIA,

Howard

If it's not "new in box" or very close to it, most toys that aren't "collectible" in some way (e.g. brand-name Winchester roller-skates) are generally garage sale fodder. eBay is a great way to get an idea as to whether or not something's worth something, and just because you use it as a reference doesn't mean you actually have to go auction stuff there.

If it's not "new in box" or very close to it, most toys that aren't "collectible" in some way (e.g. brand-name Winchester roller-skates) are generally garage sale fodder. eBay is a great way to get an idea as to whether or not something's worth something, and just because you use it as a reference doesn't mean you actually have to go auction stuff there.

Make sense. There is just SO much up there. No idea until I started looking.

For example

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR4.TRC2.A0.H0.Xshogun+godzilla.TRS0&_nkw=shogun+godzilla&_sacat=0

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Tonka-Travel-Van-Pop-Up-Camper-Trailer-Plastic-Made-in-USA/161748646666?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D35220%26meid%3D7dc5a101107046c180d7cf24bab515dd%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D201395672784 but I have the complete set.

Just weird shit. Anything from when I was 5-12 is stored up there I'm guessing.

Post some pictures people can help you value it and you might make some sales. I'm definitely interested. If you want to sell it for a lot value PM me. I'll be honest I'll be interested in most of it for resale but I do collect a few things. Don't have any micro machines do you!? Would definitely help point you in the right way though if your wanting to get the maximum amount out of it.

Post some pictures people can help you value it and you might make some sales. I'm definitely interested. If you want to sell it for a lot value PM me. I'll be honest I'll be interested in most of it for resale but I do collect a few things. Don't have any micro machines do you!? Would definitely help point you in the right way though if your wanting to get the maximum amount out of it.

I only brought back a few bins. I still need to get the rest down, and start going through it all.

Again, it's all been played with, and then been in an attic for 30 years. I'm not sure how much is going to be at a collectible level.

I'll update the thread when I'm further along with it. I just wanted to get an idea of whats/what.

Thanks,

Howard