Insurance Companies & Cost

mrhobbz

I've been with Grange forever and will likely never change. They've been great and I don't care about price.

Yeah I hear you, as much as I'd like to go back to Allstate (they saved my ass in an accident I had while I was still on my parents policy growing up) I can't bring myself to pay $500/mo for something that I'm not likely going to use.

I literally drive 2,000 miles a year now that I am 100% remote for work, my coverages are all 100/300k but I'm likely going to drop those down a bit due to the umbrella policy I have through work

For anyone interested, found cheaper insurance (only quoted the bikes so far) through Dairyland Auto & Cycle Insurance (dairylandinsurance.com) they are looking at $615.50/yr for both bikes with more coverage than my Geico policy, so its cheaper than my single bike through geico.

Going to quote my cars tomorrow with them too

...I literally drive 2,000 miles a year now that I am 100% remote for work, my coverages are all 100/300k but I'm likely going to drop those down a bit due to the umbrella policy I have through work

Make sure to check the requirements for your umbrella policy. Most require you to have liability limits around 100/300 and their policy will kick in after those limits.

I have Westfield, and its worth it. I hace three cars, a bike and 125 a month. Had geico before and working as a shop owner and fighting with insurance companies on repairs mad eme switch to a premium insurance.

Its nice to save money but Allstate, Geico, Statefarm, Ohio Mutual, Progressive are really out for the bottom dollar on repairing their customers vehicles. Most of my day is spent fighting these companies trying to explain why used suspension is not a proper way to fix a car or that buying used parts doesnt save money due to extra time etc.

Usaa, State Auto, Westfield hardly ever argue the price or try to throw junk parts on cars.

So on this topic I've got something that is kind of screwing me.

Long story short I've been shopping around, all places I check say I have an accident at fault in which I wasnt. Anyone ever deal with this? It was at work, I got rear ended, and wasn't cited or made a claim through anything. Any ideas on how to contest it?

I had to get a letter from the insurance company that paid for the damages stating they were accepting fault, sent this in to my new insurance and they took it off "there system" and never heard of it again. How to get it off what ever system they claim they pull from ide call them and ask.

Once you get that letter, always keep a copy incase you have to go through it all over when you switch.

Sounds like you were listed at fault on the Clue Auto Report. It's a common reporting system agencies/underwriters use for sharing claim information. This means at some point you were named in an insurance claim and marked at fault.

The name of the insurance company would be named on the report as well.