DIY spray in truck bed liner?

mrhobbz

I really want to get rid of the plastic bed liner in my truck, but not sure i want to pay someone the premium of having them do it. Has anyone done it themselves before and have any product recommendations?

Talked to my lifelong friend at PPC. Made a good point. Plastic bed liners take the brunt of the abuse and can be easily and affordably replaced. Spray in allows something heavy to dent the bed. In my work truck I wouldn't care but YMMV.

I always heard that plastic liners move/vibrate and rub the paint off. Then they trap moisture and cause rust. Evil liners!! On the other hand, they sure make it easy to slide things in and out.

I've used the autozone liner kits on two trucks, and it wasn't hard at all. Take your time and you'll get good results. A better product will prob give even better results, I'm sure someone can suggest one.

I had a plastic liner in my old truck which was a 95 Sierra, I looked under the liner before I sold it and while some paint was rubbed off I saw no bare metal and no rust or moisture under it. The liner was in the truck since new FYI.

My new truck has a spray in, I like it and it's nicer but I don't make it a habit of dropping things in the bed so denting isn't a concern I have.. The diy Wil never be as good as a commercially applied liner.

Pay for a linex or bullet liner.

I did the DIY. Pulled my plastic liner out, scuffed the bed really good, applied the liner which is a pain in the ass. Did 2 coats to make sure it is protected. First time I tossed my atv ramp in the back it peeled it right off.

My tundra I dropped it off, paid 500$ and have a lifetime warranty with no worries. Definitely worth the cost.

I've seen good results with the DIY stuff, it work well for the average person. Depends on you definition of average I suppose. It was done by a friend of mine on the last truck I had and it held up fine over the couple years I had it, but I wasn't hauling gravel or anything crazy.

Having seen many professional spray in liners done, they are definitely better and superior to the DIY kits. If you need or want that is up to you. If it's a nice truck I'd go pro.

+1 for Bullet Liner, we do business every day with Nate (owner) and his crew and you can a very solid product at a reasonable price. For the headache of prepping the bed, buying, and spraying yourself have it done right once and enjoy the results.

Weird. Night before last I dreamt I owned a full size pickup. I was standing there looking at it; in particular the plastic bedliner. I recall specifically thinking of when I would remove it and replace with spray in bed liner. haha Oh, and I think the truck was dark blue. Just an extra dream fact. lol

Thanks for the ideas guys. My main reasoning behind wanting to ditch the plastic liner is fear of moisture induced bed rot. My truck isn't new enough to have the aluminum body on it and I plan on driving it until the wheels fall off as I've lost interest in cars and have gotten more into bikes at this point in my life.

I think I'm going to hit up the linex guy local to me next week and get a quote.

Pay for a linex or bullet liner.

I did the DIY. Pulled my plastic liner out, scuffed the bed really good, applied the liner which is a pain in the ass. Did 2 coats to make sure it is protected. First time I tossed my atv ramp in the back it peeled it right off.

My tundra I dropped it off, paid 500$ and have a lifetime warranty with no worries. Definitely worth the cost.

Where did you end up getting your liner?

I've heard good things about Bullet Liners.

Another vote for linex if you're set on doing a spray-in.

I always heard that plastic liners move/vibrate and rub the paint off. Then they trap moisture and cause rust. Evil liners!! On the other hand, they sure make it easy to slide things in and out.

I've used the autozone liner kits on two trucks, and it wasn't hard at all. Take your time and you'll get good results. A better product will prob give even better results, I'm sure someone can suggest one.

I have a plastic liner in my S10 and had one in my mazda when I still had it. The mazda bed still looked brandnew underneath when I sold it 183k on it. The s10 has a plastic sheet between theliner and the paint so it also looks brand new. I ran tonneau covers on both trucks and both have hauled their fare share of stuff around.

Swing out sometime to Bullet Liner and check out their setup. Very good setup and they are doing TONS of work for local dealers. Their product is high end, holds up great, and their warranty is fantastic if you ever have an issue.

Can only speak of personal experience never used or been around the Linex products/people but Bulletliner is definitely A+ in my book

Ive done a few of these at my shop. Just prep (sand and scuff) well and itll last. If you just slap it on itll peel in random places. I know a guy in town that does it for 300 but the prep work is questionable. I charge 5-800 depending on the bed size and lifetime gurantee

Ive done a few of these at my shop. Just prep (sand and scuff) well and itll last. If you just slap it on itll peel in random places. I know a guy in town that does it for 300 but the prep work is questionable. I charge 5-800 depending on the bed size and lifetime gurantee

Tried to PM you but...

ShoMeSomeFun has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.