In-car, Wild Horse Pass

Dr. Apex

Finally got the Mustang on a real track, went out with a group called ProAutoSports that hosts track days. This was on the Wild Horse Pass(Firebird) East road course. It's a small 1.25mi track, relatively good flow and fun track though.

This was in their entry level group as they require anyone they don't know to start there so passing was fairly restricted and some folks either passed anyway or wouldn't give point by's so it was slow going at times.

My car is bone stock.

It was good fun for the most part. It had been almost 4 years since I've been on a track other than autocross, felt good to shake off the cobwebs. Had a lot to learn with this being my 1st time out in the Mustang, and 1st time on this track.

This is earlier in the session, the one Focus ST is just as fast on the straights with a turbo upgrade.

It was pretty good, biggest regret was not getting enough time to play with the M5, the car sounded nasty and we appeared to be about an even match.

Haven't decided yet but will either head to AMP(Arizona Motorsports Park) or Inde Motorsports Ranch, both are much larger and faster tracks. AMP is really close by, only caveat is like Wild Horse its flat as a pancake, Inde has a large elevation change but is a 3.5hr hike down south of Tucson.