HF Compressors

Mallard

Save your money. My wife bought me this compressor for my birthday and it didn't even last 2 months. My main purpose was to use the compressor to power air tools but the motor/pump couldn't produce air fast enough so I could barely get 2 lug nuts off with an impact driver before having to wait for pressure to build up again. The only 2 things I found this compressor useful for was to air tires and to power an trim nailer. that's it. Also within those 2 months of use the tank pressure switch went bad so it wouldn't shut off the motor anymore, the airline from the pump to tank would pop off at about 95lbs, then the main power controls went bad and that's where I had enough and bought a different compressor. The low price is very appealing but in this case not worth the hassle at all. You will wish you spent more and got something with a little more quality.

A 21 gal can only do 2 lug nuts before turning on?? I figured my 3 gal pancake could almost do that, lol.

Save your money. My wife bought me this compressor for my birthday and it didn't even last 2 months. My main purpose was to use the compressor to power air tools but the motor/pump couldn't produce air fast enough so I could barely get 2 lug nuts off with an impact driver before having to wait for pressure to build up again. The only 2 things I found this compressor useful for was to air tires and to power an trim nailer. that's it. Also within those 2 months of use the tank pressure switch went bad so it wouldn't shut off the motor anymore, the airline from the pump to tank would pop off at about 95lbs, then the main power controls went bad and that's where I had enough and bought a different compressor. The low price is very appealing but in this case not worth the hassle at all. You will wish you spent more and got something with a little more quality.

...and you didn't take it back and get a replacement?

Like I mentioned, mine has rebuilt many a Subaru with absolutely zero problems. Only things with a continuous load like air grinders have issues, and they still work fine for a long while after a recharge.

I run impacts, grinders, drills, air ratchets, you name it on it. Sounds like yours was a dud, yes, but you never got it replaced.

Like I mentioned, mine has rebuilt many a Subaru with absolutely zero problems. Only things with a continuous load like air grinders have issues, and they still work fine for a long while after a recharge.

I run impacts, grinders, drills, air ratchets, you name it on it. Sounds like yours was a dud, yes, but you never got it replaced.

unfortunately the CP stuff only has a 90 day return policy, unless you buy the extended warranty.

unfortunately the CP stuff only has a 90 day return policy, unless you buy the extended warranty.

True, but like 85% of the time I've gone to HF, at least the one on 161, they have just given me the extended warranty on everything I've bought lol

The warranty expired before I got around to taking it back.

True, but like 85% of the time I've gone to HF, at least the one on 161, they have just given me the extended warranty on everything I've bought lol

Damn, i thought i was doing good when the cashier offered to give me 20% off on something i didnt even have a coupon for.

I would seriously do a leak inspection on your compressor tank if it is kicking on early into your use. Get some soapy water (dish soap or plain car wash works well for this) and apply it around all the tank fittings. then fill up the tank and look for bubbles. FWIW my HF pancake compressor had leak straight out of the box at the hose hook up. the compressor would fill it but it would kick on an hour later having leaked some air out. It was slow enough to not be heard but it was fast enough to drain the tank. Rather than take it back I took the fitting off and wrapped the threads in plumbers tape. No more air leak.