Sig Sauer

gillbot

Whoops. Missed that part. My bad. :)

I've said it before and I'll say it time and again: I personally don't like Glock's but I won't deny their reliability. I, for one, am a HUGE FN fan. Hands down my favorite. Just me though.

I'm not a glock fan myself either, but mostly because of the hype. I'm not opposed to one, but i need to look into them more.

Are the malfunctions related to extractions? I.e case isn't picked up by extractor or not thrown with enough force to clear chamber and "stovepipes".

SIGs are usually pretty reliable pistols so I do wonder if it is the ammo. Other thought would be a bad magazine.

They aren't feeding. It was almost like they were getting stuck in the magazine, or just a simple FTF but they weren't even getting up to the feed ramp.

I've had issued with new sigs and 147gr freedom munitions. After about 600 rds of 115gr and a box of +p it ran fine.

Clean it up and get the sig factory gunk off. Shoot some fast ammo and enjoy.

mine ran the freedom fine but when i went to federal it started jamming

They aren't feeding. It was almost like they were getting stuck in the magazine, or just a simple FTF but they weren't even getting up to the feed ramp.

I have the same problem with my brand new p238 I bought at cabelas. I used every box of FMJ that cabela's sells and could not find one that didn't fail a few times per 100 rounds. I honestly can not trust my life with mine so it went back in the safe. Pretty sad because it was my first Sig. Maybe I just bought a defective one.

I am just going to stick with glocks. Both of mine have never failed me like my Sig.

I have the same problem with my brand new p238 I bought at cabelas. I used every box of FMJ that cabela's sells and could not find one that didn't fail a few times per 100 rounds. I honestly can not trust my life with mine so it went back in the safe. Pretty sad because it was my first Sig. Maybe I just bought a defective one.

I am just going to stick with glocks. Both of mine have never failed me like my Sig.

So far, I can say sig's customer service has been awesome to me. I'd give them a call and see what they say.

Mojoe..you are wrong about the cs of hipoint...years ago I had a hp45, the reason I bought it was my older son was always asking to use my guns and he wasn't very careful with stuff, so at $99 it was worth it.

The next week he asked and I let him us it. Took it to the range and came home griping about the ftf/ftes . So i called HP late on a Saturday thinking I'd talk to a recorder , but darn the phone got answered by a human.

I spoke to him and he asked it I was ok with working on the gun which I was. He gave step by step instuctions then told me what to look for and it was a spring installed wrong. I asked him how he knew , he said he was the owner and he had hired some out of luck people(I'm guessing cons) and they didn't pay attention or care for what he tried to do to help them.

He then asked for my addr so he could send me a mag free.

Took the gun out next week and shot 100 rounds through it and no problems. I really don't know how much ammo I shot thorough it but it was flawless.

Now it was heavy and ugly but shot great. I sold it to a cr member for his son.

mace

You get what you pay for in guns. Call Hipoint and see how their customer service is. I would guest it's not at the level you received from Sig. Great to hear they were willing to take the gun back with no issue. Get 500 rounds through those Sigs and let us know any updates.

Ruger and Kel Tek have exceeded my expectations everytime.

All this malfunction talk makes my head spin and it baffles me. I don't think I own a single pistol (then again, I don't train with the JHP... Though, maybe I need to) that has considerable malfunctions when running cheap target ammo. And I'm talking "across the board" of my collection. I've run thousands of rounds through my VP9 and had one Feeding failure (on a reload, in a training class, probably something I did).

I wouldn't carry a gun that has had more than 1 malfunction over the course of 1,000 rds. Luckily I have only seen about 3 malfunctions across the span of my pistols in about 3.5 years.

I just got a gun back yesterday from getting fixed. It ran like a champ for training classes for three years. For messing around, it was my go to gun. It had malfunctions, and then total failure. The armorer told me "You broke shit that doesn't break the way you broke it". it turned out to be simple to fix. But, for a new out of the box, or had it for a while and it always has inconsistent malfunctions, it would be gone. Ain't nobody got time for that.

So far, I can say sig's customer service has been awesome to me. I'd give them a call and see what they say.

They were nice to me when the front site broke off after shooting it. Never had a gun do that to me before. Took them about a month to repair. I took it to cabelas and they sent to sig for me. Didn't cost me a penny for the repair or shipping.

All this malfunction talk makes my head spin and it baffles me. I don't think I own a single pistol (then again, I don't train with the JHP... Though, maybe I need to) that has considerable malfunctions when running cheap target ammo. And I'm talking "across the board" of my collection. I've run thousands of rounds through my VP9 and had one Feeding failure (on a reload, in a training class, probably something I did).

I wouldn't carry a gun that has had more than 1 malfunction over the course of 1,000 rds. Luckily I have only seen about 3 malfunctions across the span of my pistols in about 3.5 years.

+1

I've got pistols of many brands Glock, Sig, Springfield, etc. and NEVER had an issue like that EVER, let alone that many in ONE day. Either the ammo is bad or something is seriously wrong..

• 1 month later...
Still haven't had a chance to run the Sig again unfortunately but after 3 months of back order waiting, I finally got my 12 round extended mags. I decided to pop in a few training rounds and hand cycle the gun to see what it would do. I know it's not a true test, but if it jams here it's likely to jam while firing. All I have is 10 rounds, but loaded up the 10, jammed three times on the first mag. SHIT...... Jammed 4 times on the 2nd mag. Double SHIT..... I'm gonna leave one mag loaded to soften the spring a little but I have zero confidence in this Sig. I find it funny as hell that people shit talk Hi-Point so badly but I've had ZERO issues from my Hi-Point 45 and it is my absolute go to gun.

• 4 weeks later...

Bought a full size sig p250 , took it to the range neither my son or I could hit the the full size target with it. Never have I had a gun do that, I could have filed the sights but I wasn't messing with a gun I just bought and after spending good money on it I just wanted to get rid of it.

Sold it the next week.

mace

Bought a full size sig p250 , took it to the range neither my son or I could hit the the full size target with it. Never have I had a gun do that, I could have filed the sights but I wasn't messing with a gun I just bought and after spending good money on it I just wanted to get rid of it.

Sold it the next week.

mace

Low left?