Macho Man Savage Statue

Jackson1647545504

I'm actually curious about the economic impact of statues like this. I know when I've visited other cities, it makes it a lot more interesting walking around if there are things like this, and makes me more likely to come back. I'm sure it could draw people in, just by itself too. It very well may pay for itself, or even have an ROI, from the increased tourism.

It's a place to mug tourists who come to take stupid pictures

I'm actually curious about the economic impact of statues like this. I know when I've visited other cities, it makes it a lot more interesting walking around if there are things like this, and makes me more likely to come back. I'm sure it could draw people in, just by itself too. It very well may pay for itself, or even have an ROI, from the increased tourism.

It's hard to say, mostly because 1) the circumstances are unique to each case and depend on a lot of factors, and 2) the economic info that is compiled is usually done privately for the benefit of the city/state/organization erecting the statue and not commonly shared.

Fuck it. If they build the statue, I vow to make one extra trip to Ohio each year, and spend at least $500 on pointless shit each time. Just because of the statue

You can give me $250 and I'll dress like whatever statue you want. :marc: