Gun Purchase

Versluis

Hello CR Gun Peeps,

I will be purchasing my first hand gun in the next couple days. I have my selection down to the M&P Shield 9mm and the Springfield XDS 9mm. I have shot both of them and I really liked both, but not a big enough difference to spend an extra $100 for the XDS.

Just looking for some opinions.

Thanks!

Hello CR Gun Peeps,

I will be purchasing my first hand gun in the next couple days. I have my selection down to the M&P Shield 9mm and the Springfield XDS 9mm. I have shot both of them and I really liked both, but not a big enough difference to spend an extra $100 for the XDS.

Thanks!

For me it was glock 43>shield but its 50/50 for me. I would still pick either one.

the LC9 and XDS didnt feel comfortable in my hands. All the springfeild XD guns feel cheap IMO.

For me it was glock 43>shield but its 50/50 for me. I would still pick either one.

the LC9 and XDS didnt feel comfortable in my hands. All the springfeild XD guns feel cheap IMO.

There is just something about the XDS, maybe that is it. Just cant put my finger on it.

I have an M&P Shield 9, and while I never had an XDs, I did have an XDm-9. I truly loved the XDm for it's large capacity and weight (I tend to like a heavy gun) but through a series of sales and trades ended up with this Shield.

Honestly if I could go back and get my XDm I would, I really love that gun, but only because of the size. If what you want is a carry piece, the Shield gets my vote.

Hello CR Gun Peeps,

Thanks!

Both are good guns. At the very core of reasoning with a gun purchase is the intended use, functionality and simplicity. I assume the purchase is with the intention of carrying it. If you are dead set on a single stack carry, I lean toward the Shield. I have shot both, and owned a shield. As much as the XD is a good gun, I don't like the back strap safety. It is good engineering, it does the job of being a safety. I just don't think it is needed and it's too busy for my liking. It's neat to shoot, but not where I would put my money. Just personnel preference. Are you looking at a Shield with, or without a safety? Are you comfortable with a gun without a thumb safety?

Have you looked at Glock?

Both are good guns. At the very core of reasoning with a gun purchase is the intended use, functionality and simplicity. I assume the purchase is with the intention of carrying it. If you are dead set on a single stack carry, I lean toward the Shield. I have shot both, and owned a shield. As much as the XD is a good gun, I don't like the back strap safety. It is good engineering, it does the job of being a safety. I just don't think it is needed and it's too busy for my liking. It's neat to shoot, but not where I would put my money. Just personnel preference. Are you looking at a Shield with, or without a safety? Are you comfortable with a gun without a thumb safety?

Have you looked at Glock?

I did not look at a Glock. In all honesty I had a budget I wanted to spend and that did come into play. After shooting the shield I was happy with it, reviews were great, all my friends that have one love it as well.

The intention is going to carry the gun and I will be attending your class. I actually picked up the Shield this morning, so now that I have it I will be signing up for the next class.

I went with the model that has the safety and I prefer to have one since this is my first rodeo.

This will not be my only hand gun, so down the road as I learn more I will consider a Glock.

Glock 43 EDC.. also have the M&p shield 9. Sold my xds9 because I didn't like the grip the big lugs were not comfortable.

If you need a holster made for it hit me up.

Definitely go shoot a g43 though.

Will do! I was looking on instagram last night and there are some pretty neat ones out there.

Go to a gun range that has some of the main rentals (xd/xdm, MP, glock, etc.) and shoot them all. Figure out what fits you best. They all have their ups an downs will fit YOUR hand better. At the end of the day when properly cared for will all serve as a PERFECT defense gun for you.

Go to a gun range that has some of the main rentals (xd/xdm, MP, glock, etc.) and shoot them all. Figure out what fits you best. They all have their ups an downs will fit YOUR hand better. At the end of the day when properly cared for will all serve as a PERFECT defense gun for you.

I have shot both of them

I actually picked up the Shield this morning,

:rolleyes: