1988 M3 LS1 Swap

C-Mart

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So after rushing to get the car running for some races last year and not loving the new paint job I decided to take it all apart - get it painted - and put it back together again when I have time on my side.

I went with 964 911 mint green. Its a lot of green right now, but all of my trim was recently done in SEM trim flat black + lots of carbon fiber I think it that will really help offset it.

49200858101_eb9a0d48bc_c.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

As usual, things are getting out of hand.

Cleaning up some overspray (from a previous paint job) on the front subframe/suspension, which is all brand new. Rear subframe/suspension had some parts that I had not addressed (bushings mainly). New gas tank with a fuel pump I have a little more faith in. After this the car should have all new parts within the last 100 miles. Track days in this month... I also picked up a sandblast unit, which is helping me clean up parts and prep them for weld in reinforcements.

49591974273_2648bdf7f8_c.jpg

• 1 month later...
Did I miss what tear end setup your going with ?

Just a medium case diff for now.

Waiting to see if I break anything before over building it. I won't be launching this car its a track car.

Just a medium case diff for now.

Waiting to see if I break anything before over building it. I won't be launching this car its a track car.

I was going to run my small case and see if it explodes lol won’t be tracking it in any way so fingers crossed until I find a medium case

• 4 months later...

One of my buddies from college is getting his racing license in my E30 this weekend so I have been burning the candle at both ends getting it back together from paint and fixing a bunch of little issues that I rushed through last year. More photos to come.

50290485041_cef4ae5897_z.jpg

50290631282_aca7223b04_z.jpg