Wedding Services in Cleveland

jerrodh

Anyone have any recommendations for the following wedding services. It's an outdoor wedding in West Cleveland (Bay Village) to be exact. Am on a pretty strict budget so looking for good value services not Top dollar. :gabe:

DJ/Reception & Entertainment

Officiant

Catering

Photographer

Table, Chair & Tent rental

Specific to Cleveland http://www.theweddingshowcase.net/

- Started with Prelude Photo (one of the partners also went to BBH schools with me). Didn't actually get my classmate (she was 8mo preggy at the time), but the guy who came out was great.

- Added Jesse Webb for the music. Decent music catalog, and loves getting new stuff from the participants (he had never heard of

, for example, which we used for our "get everyone out on the floor" song)

- Cakes to You for the cake. Met up with the owner at the mall during one of her open tastings, and came away surprised. If you're on the borderline between cake sizes, go with the larger one. Nobody ever complains that there's too much cake ;)

- AmComm tuxedos. You'll need to rent from up there if you want the discount... the franchisees down here won't know what you're talking about.

I'll add our officiant and supplemental caterer (our venue was owned by a retired Chinese chef, so we went with him for dinner, and had someone else bring in Slovenian desserts) when I get home and can look them up.

I'm in Columbus, but if you need an officiant in a pinch I'm licensed to officiate marriages in Ohio. Am a Dudeist Priest (Church of the Latter Day Dude), so not a real religion. It would be my second time officiating, first time went very well (according to the couple and their families).

I'd do it for the cost of gas to get me up and back...plus maybe a drink or two.

Officiant - Wayne Doberstyn from http://creativeweddingofficiants.com. They'll sit down and plan out the entire ceremony script with you, taking into account whatever parts are flat-out required by Ohio law (do you, girl, take this man, boy.....), then adding what you want to do, whether it's from the "traditional" rite of marriage that you might get in a church, neo-pagan tradition, asian, whatever. Wifey and I actually said our vows twice, once in English, then again in Chinese.

Supplemental catering - Sophie's Catering & Baking - (440) 944-2555. We only used Sophie for Slovenian-style sausages (they're a lot more meaty/dense than your usual polska kielbasa) and then dessert (strudel, potica, cookies, etc) since our venue host was doing all the rest. Sadly, he passed away about a year and a half ago, so no sense forwarding his info :(

I work part time as an event supervisor for Hoggy's Catering in Cbus. While we're located here we do events all over the state and parts of Kentucky as well. I'd be remiss if I didn't suggest our company to cater your event. While I can't (shouldn't, really) quote prices I don't THINK we charge a premium for out of town events but that could be dependent on guest count and other variables.

That being said, you can call around to local catering companies and most will accommodate an out of town event but some might charge a fee, same goes for a photographer or officiant. Something to keep in mind when shopping, it could be more convenient to shop local for your?

Goodluck.

I'm in Columbus, but if you need an officiant in a pinch I'm licensed to officiate marriages in Ohio. Am a Dudeist Priest (Church of the Latter Day Dude), so not a real religion. It would be my second time officiating, first time went very well (according to the couple and their families).

I'd do it for the cost of gas to get me up and back...plus maybe a drink or two.

Ha I've actually thought about doing this just for shits. Never know if you're at a wedding and the officiant doesn't show up, could come in handy. Church of Latter Day Dude sounds like my kind of organization too.

Ha I've actually thought about doing this just for shits. Never know if you're at a wedding and the officiant doesn't show up, could come in handy. Church of Latter Day Dude sounds like my kind of organization too.

http://dudeism.com/

Join the church. Or don't. Whatever makes you happy, man.