Dash Cam

Tindall2006

so basically in the past two months my vette has been hit in the parking lot, and my motorcycle was stolen.

While moving is an option, this shit can literally happen anywhere. School, work, any apartment complex Ect/

Looking at dash cam setups... Seems most tech is for 2 channel cams front and back. My thing is if I am going to be running 2, why not 4 so I can also catch assholes who open their doors into my car (this happened in december)

Anyone running a setup like this? Any advice on cammera's? I drive the car almost every day so battery drain is not a big deal. Though for my truck it may be as it might sit for a week or two at a time. I am thinking about also putting these in my truck to help overview my car at home.

From my limited knowledge of dash cams, most of them only record while the car is on? so that would kind of ruin the idea of catching someone while your car is parked. However if it runs the whole time you are parked it might also drain your battery?

Many allow for a parking mode whereby they only turn on when picking up motion or a g-shock from an accident.

Paging Rocky......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I run the G1w dash cam. It can record anytime it sees motion 24/7, or ignition only. It has pretty good quality.

Only downside is when the memory card is full it stops recording and you have to push 2 buttons to format. So maybe once a month I have to format. Some of the other cameras record over old footage to where you never have to mess with it.

G1w is 1080 at 30fps or 720 at 60fps.

As far as running 4 that is a lot of wiring and cameras in the car. I could see running one in the front and one in the back on motion but 4 is too much.