R.I.P. Ali

cstmg8

Helluva boxer no doubt. But a draft dodger as well. I applaud his accomplishments in the ring, having family who have fought and died enlisted and drafted and currently still are serving he will never be more than that to me.

Helluva boxer no doubt. But a draft dodger as well. I applaud his accomplishments in the ring, having family who have fought and died enlisted and drafted and currently still are serving he will never be more than that to me.

A draft dodger who stood there and said to arrest him if they want to...he didn't flee, he didn't hide, he just refused. Can't say I disagree. I personally wouldn't do it but he stood for what he believed in.

A draft dodger who stood there and said to arrest him if they want to...he didn't flee, he didn't hide, he just refused. Can't say I disagree. I personally wouldn't do it but he stood for what he believed in.

I can see that and agree to a point, however he did hide behind a change of name/ religious belief to avoid what so many others sacrificed. No better than the rich elite IMO.

I'm not trying to start an argument definetly not my intentions. Just my personal opinion, as others have theirs.

I can't say he was the greatest of all time , I think he gave himself that title.

What he did was change the heavyweight division. He was big and fast were as most were just big and heavy punchers.

The greatest would have been Rocky Marciano -retired undefeated..Mike Tyson in his prime, I feel, would have beaten Ali. Ali was a damn good boxer I'd say top 5 in his division.

As far as his Parkinson's he showed the world how devastating this disease can be. My dad had

it , he boxed also(and played semi-pro football), and I saw it take a great man and eat him alive.

mace

Edited by Mace

I can see that and agree to a point, however he did hide behind a change of name/ religious belief to avoid what so many others sacrificed. No better than the rich elite IMO.

I'm not trying to start an argument definetly not my intentions. Just my personal opinion, as others have theirs.

He lived in a country that forced him, his family and friends to use different bathrooms, drinking fountains and was legally denied services at retail stores, restaurants, etc. I wouldn't want to fight for a country that treated me that way either.

By the way, I'm a Veteran if you were wondering.

He lived in a country that forced him, his family and friends to use different bathrooms, drinking fountains and was legally denied services at retail stores, restaurants, etc. I wouldn't want to fight for a country that treated me that way either.

And he pretty much said this. If even 10% of the human race had that kind of courage we'd all be better off.

By the way, I'm a Veteran if you were wondering.

And he pretty much said this. If even 10% of the human race had that kind of courage we'd all be better off.

I'll second this.