Please help anticipate problems with this setup...

hpfiend

Hey all-

With three young kids, a full time job and other commitments I don't have the time I used to. I bought this car as a father son for my father and I and it has been going nowhere fast. I haven't really dug into tearing it apart as we hardly have time to make it to the track but once or twice a year lately and don't want to risk the down time but it doesn't look like things are going to be changing anytime soon and both of us aren't getting any younger. We spent about 3 years casually trying to chase down a carb dead spot which ended up being too much carb after trying ignition timing/shooter/accelerator pump/pump cams/2 double pumpers/new camshaft/etc

Ok here is what I have.

2700 lb AMC Gremlin, 31 spline ford 8.8 with 9" axles, th350 with manual valve body

Gen 1 non vortec or roller lifter SBC 355 with dished pistons

milled Iron double hump heads (around 9-9.5:1 we think)

Edelbrock air gap rpm intake manifold (dual plane)

CSU Blow through 750 carb

CSU carb hat

Y2004K GT45

EMUSA 55mm Wastegate

1G DSM Blowoff Valve

LT1 Exhaust Manifolds\

Canton Fuel Pump Blockoff w/ AN fitting for oil return

Bosch 044 Pump fuel pump

Billet Drain and Feed Fittings and stainless line to oil pressure sending unit port for feed

3 Bar GM MAP Sensor

MSD 6AL

water injection kit

I plan on a front mount using 1.75 tubing from columbia mandrel bends that I plan to stretch the joints so they slip over each other for double thickness with an impact gun pipe stretching kit I bought and TIG weld on the hotside coming off the cast manifolds flipped with 3 bolt ball flange spring connectors (if I can find them). I have a split T4 flange I plan to heat and expand/form 1.75 pipe to each side and then run each side of the engine to the closest split port ( the long side will have the flex pipe)- not sure which side the wastegate will be in. I will weld some sort of supporting bracket to the frame and then to this non merged dual inlet flange somehow. Hopefully with some sort of rubber mounting.

I do not have room for a decent air to air intercooler with the radiator/tranny cooler and electric fans so plan on a water/methanol injection setup right at the turbo inlet. without an air filter or maybe some extended cold air ducting somewhere with a big filter on the end but the water injection right at the inlet. plan to come right off the turbo outlet with some aluminum pipe to the carb hat or mild steel if the welding goes like hell.

Iron heads may be swapped for decent aluminums once we see how it does.

I have a 5 volt converter setup I plan to use for the MAP and ultimately run it into my innovate setup and some sort of boost retard (maybe delco 5 pin ignition module with retard- or MSD 6530) but plan on pulling a ton of static timing out of it until I figure that out. I did buy one of those MSD adjustable rotors.

Hope to set the wastegate at the lowest boost possible to get it going if that is even possible with such a "big" turbo.

The converter may be a problem I do not know.

Goal is 10.9X-10.00 in the 1/4. It currently runs 13.20 but we think without the dead spot we can get in the high 12s

I really would like to make as many passes as possible before ultimate melt down of this non-forged cheap 70s truck dished piston short block. I bet it is 2 bolt mains.

My dad wants to ditch the whole plan and just throw a LS crate in there but that is a lot of figuring regarding the motormounts and fuel injection- it may be easier and he is getting older (76 this september) so I wont lie, I am tempted.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Andrew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk