2001 Volkswagen GTI VR6 110kish

Turbs3000

A family friend contacted me and asked if I could help them sell their extra car. Basically it's their sons car and he is in the Army so its been sitting in the garage in Dublin for 1.5 years. They just sold the house and are retiring to Naples and don't want to take it with them.

My guess is with minimal cleaning it would make a great car and I'd take it myself if I could easily get 2 babies in an out of it.

** it ran when parked but obviously does not currently run. I'm sure it needs charged or a battery and fresh gas. They are not going to want to entertain someone tinkering with it in their gated community so it's an AS-IS Where IS please make sure you understand that before asking to see it.

2001 Volkswagen GTI VR6 5-sp 2dr hatchback

exterior: Red

Interior: Black leather

roughly 110,000 miles

keyless entry

completely rust free

They have had it over a decade and its always been serviced at that little Volkswagen shop on I think Dublin rd in UA

The bad:

no accidents except it hit a deer about 3 years ago, dented the hood and cracked the headlight, at that time they had $2400 in work done to fix that and anything else wrong with it.

$2200 obo

this is not an actual picture of it but basically identical same wheels as well.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e391/Turbs3000/i757_zpsorjbouev.jpg

Is there a reason they haven't tried to jump it and see if they can get it to run? Without it running could be a easy fix or a can of worms for a potential buyer. Takes the price from about $600 not running to a much higher amount. Seems like a new battery or a Juno to check would be a well worthy investment in their behalf. Also is the title in their name or their sons name?

Title in their name. They are already in Naples 90% of the time and only came back to wrap up a few things at the house. I may ask them to try and jump it and see what happens but my other thought was at that point you may as well try to address the gas that's been in there for that long rather then pull all of that through the system.

ya let me strongly note if you are even remotely a tire kicker/low baller/someone who wants to spend 30 minutes going over a sub 5k car please do not waste my time or theirs. Just accept this is not the situation for you and move along.

I hope someone who actually NEEDS a cheap car buys this. Maybe some non profit employee barely making ends meet or a college student looking to cure cancer when he/she graduates.

Good luck with sale hopefully it doesn't end up with a CR flip vulture.

ya let me strongly note if you are even remotely a tire kicker/low baller/someone who wants to spend 30 minutes going over a sub 5k car please do not waste my time or theirs. Just accept this is not the situation for you and move along.

My thoughts, exactly. This would be a 4-6k car normally, that was simply parked and is being sold after sitting. You guys act like it's got a laundry list of issues and no idea if it runs. Offer $2,200 and run... that's an absolute steal.