Things to do in Boston...

HotCarl

Starting my vacation week with 4 days In Boston, I believe our Air B&B is in a neighborhood called "Back Bay"? Though i could be wrong on that.

I know Im going to look like a dipshit on a segway but the lady wants to try a segway tour.... Also considering looking into a Sam Adams brewery tour, and considering some sort of historical tour as well.

Any other Must See things or activities I need to check out while I'm there?

Newbury street. It's in back bay. It used to be the arts district 20 years ago but now it is all trendy shopping and restaurants. The public garden at the northeast end is beautiful and worth a walk through. The swan boats should be operating while you are there.

If you like tall ships, the USS Constitution and the Tea Party museum both have plenty.

The fine arts museum is worth a look, it has one of the best collections in the world (better than the Met in NY in my opinion) and is the site if the greatest unsolved art heist in history. Edit: I was thinking about the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum which was the site of the heist and is also an amazing art collection.

Last time I was there, the wife and I just walked the freedom trail. It took us all day to do it at a leisurely pace. Lots of interesting things like Faneuil hall and about a million places where Paul Revere ate, slept, or took a dump (you'll be sick of Paul R by the time you leave).

Edited by Geeto67

Newbury street. It's in back bay. It used to be the arts district 20 years ago but now it is all trendy shopping and restaurants. The public garden at the northeast end is beautiful and worth a walk through. The swan boats should be operating while you are there.

If you like tall ships, the USS Constitution and the Tea Party museum both have plenty.

The fine arts museum is worth a look, it has one of the best collections in the world (better than the Met in NY in my opinion) and is the site if the greatest unsolved art heist in history. Edit: I was thinking about the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum which was the site of the heist and is also an amazing art collection.

Last time I was there, the wife and I just walked the freedom trail. It took us all day to do it at a leisurely pace. Lots of interesting things like Faneuil hall and about a million places where Paul Revere ate, slept, or took a dump (you'll be sick of Paul R by the time you leave).

After looking them up, all of these items are within walking distance of our air b&b so we'll probably hit up most of them.

I did find a groupon for a drunk history tour of boston but when I tried to book it they only offer saturday and sunday tours...wtf? I guess it makes sense most people visit on the weekends.

Wanted to hit up fenway event though I'm a yankees fan, they're playing all away games that week.

Hang out by the pier and eat lunch, hit up little italy which is like 109 italian places in a few block radius. Freedom trail is cool as well.

Streets are confusing as hell though, they just go everywhere and in no logical order, we took a train from backbay which is a nice area.

Wanted to hit up fenway event though I'm a yankees fan, they're playing all away games that week.

When I lived in boston, I was at a sox yankees game when clemens hit a pitching milestone while pitching for the sox. I think it was 1993 (may have been 1992). It's worth it to hold out for the marginally controlled riot that is a yankees sox game in fenway (esp if you wear yankees gear). Fenway does tours but it isn't the same as a game.

If you love vinyl records, newbury comics is the place.

I used to love going to Cambridge and Harvard square in the early 1990's and hitting up all the small records shops. Sadly, all those places are gone now.

Found this ...

http://www.cityviewtrolleys.com/boston/index.html

seems they run all day, have stops all over the city, and you can just get off then hop on to another one when youre ready. I think we'll do this tuesday, maybe hit up sam adams brewery wed bc its suppose to rain.

really bummed about the sox not being in town, i dont care who they were playing i still would've gone. Fenway itself should be a historical landmark, if it isn't already. The first day we get in at 10:30am, i think we'll hit up the park and freedom trail that day try and find a local watering hole as well.