Cozumel: Who's Been?

Wease

Just booked a 6 day all inclusive stay at Secrets in Cozumel with the wife in December. It's actually my brother's 40th birthday, so we're going down with him and his wife. Booked the whole trip, including the "preferred" package (better food / bars / pools) for $2900. That's flights, too. I thought it was a pretty good deal for almost a week. :cool:

So who's been to Cozumel? I'm huge into snorkeling, so I'll spend a lot of my time out on the reef looking for sharks and other cool shit. What else should we do? :confused:

Stopped there for a day on a cruise. The water is crystal clear.. it's amazing. We strayed from the tourist boundaries a bit and some kid kept trying to sell us a bag of "weed" which was obviously oregano. We kept telling him to go away and he wouldn't then we shoved him down. Eventually he ran off and got a group of Mexican thugs so we ran back to the tourist zone.. so yeah. Stay within the lines.

Been there 3 times. Besides snorkeling, I highly recommend checking out the Mayan ruins. I also did an ATV tour to the caves and caverns that wasn't too bad. Once I rented a car to check the island out which was alright. Theres a park on the North side of the Island. The resort should be pretty good in itself. Just be careful if you venture off the beaten path, I stopped in one of the bars while the girl I was with checked out a salon and it was pretty sketchy

We've stayed there... it's a great resort... Make sure to take their ATV tour.. it's a 4 hour tour where you ride through the jungle and then they have you go down in a cave.. it opens up in a natural water well that is BEAUTIFUL. Then you get to go to a petting zoo... best experience hands down that we had while there... so awesome!