RIP Joe - Be careful out there

zeitgeist57

Rip sorry to hear we lost another one. Ever since Kenny I've vowed to stay on four wheels only.

This one hit a lot of people hard. A few years later a guy I played hockey with died on a bike in a similar way, not too far from where Kenny was... :(

This is a real tragedy. Joe was a nice guy from the very few times I met him.

Clay, did he have anyone that depended on him? maybe put together some fundraiser at CC&C to help them out?

Despite this tragedy, can we not turn this thread into a "bikes are bad" bitch fest? This was a motorcycle accident, nothing more. It's unfortunate and tragic but it could have easily been a car accident with the same result. Sure bikes are more dangerous than cars but not as dangerous as being a pedestrian or on a bicycle. Just because someone dies on a bike doesn't mean you are guaranteed to, so focus on the loss of the person to his friends/family and not the method by which this world was deprived of his presence.

I'm all for setting up some sort of cruise/fund/show/whatever in commemoration, really rocks you to the core when someone you saw just minutes before was full of life and smiling then gone.

Always sorry to see bad accidents happen to good people. Thoughts are with his young family he left behind.

Clay, did he have anyone that depended on him? maybe put together some fundraiser at CC&C to help them out?

Despite this tragedy, can we not turn this thread into a "bikes are bad" bitch fest? This was a motorcycle accident, nothing more. It's unfortunate and tragic but it could have easily been a car accident with the same result. Sure bikes are more dangerous than cars but not as dangerous as being a pedestrian or on a bicycle. Just because someone dies on a bike doesn't mean you are guaranteed to, so focus on the loss of the person to his friends/family and not the method by which this world was deprived of his presence.

This.

Thoughts and prayers to Joe and his family. Keep me posted about a memorial cruise/ride/fundraiser. I'll share deets with the local bike groups in effort to increase turnout.

No kids but was engaged to be married.

Incredibly nice guy, always willing to lend a hand.