WTB: beater, < $1500

2 Sweet

I'm looking for something cheap to use as a winter beater. Don't really care what it is as long as it's in good shape mechanically and the heat works. Ideally I would prefer a GM car with a 3800 or an S-series pickup or Blazer but I'm open to all makes/models. Would prefer to keep the price around $1k so I know my options are slim. Most stuff in this price range is junk but I've been lucky before, hoping to get lucky again.

Thanks

check craigs list Lesabres

I've been looking for a couple weeks now. I missed out on TWO Park Avenue Ultras by less than a day :(

Checked out a 2001 Blazer today that I decided to pass on. Oh well. The search continues

Its very tough finding something for 1500 that runs decent. I have a 01 civic for sale but we are too far off to make a deal.

True, it really is tough. Your Civic is nicer than what I need, but it's priced right for sure. Really I just need a "backup" daily.

As fate would have it, I think I'm getting one of the Buicks I wanted after all. Will know for sure tomorrow

how much did it end up costing you?

$800. Runs and drives great, everything works, including the air conditioning. Fully loaded. 175k miles. Body has some dings and the paint is rough, but no rust. The supercharger needs a new coupler. No other issues. I'm happy, especially for the price