help me choose a cell phone

Radio Flyer1647545514

Looking for a new phone since my note 4 is on its last leg after being smashed and dropped in a river. I wanted to continue with the note line but I can't find a note 5 still in store at att and the note 7 is obsolete now.

I want a phablet.

I'm trying to stay away from an iPhone but it is an option, my last one. I came across the Google phone and am seriously contemplating going that route. What else is there to look at?

The Note 5 goes for $350-$400 on Amazon... Just pop in your SIM card and enjoy.

Link (Black)

Link (White)

I love my Note 5... it can be a bit of a battery hog at times, but I have that "mostly" under control now by limiting background applications and uninstalling all of the facebook shit.

Pixel XL will probably be my next phone. Been a multi-generation Galaxy S(3,4,6) user but I think Samsung may have peaked, and I fucking hate being on the trailing edge of Android OS updates. I am going to hold out as long as possible to see if the 10th anniv iPhone wows me, but I think it'll come down to Galaxy S8 or Pixel XL. My experience with Motorola and LG have not been ideal.