Banana

greg1647545532

That was at the NYC Toy Fair this last year for Bananagrams. I have a video of them starting it and driving off while a passenger in the back is wearing a banana suit while yelling happy bananaversary and tossing out bracelets with their logo on it. Pretty funny and unique experience.

Those are 80's F-150 wheels...I'm guessing it's a '95 Ford chassis or '85, not an '05 as the bolt pattern is different.

$1500 cash would be my offer...and while it's fun, I'm sure you can't drive anywhere far as I'm guessing it'll have cooling issues (if not other problems).

I'm sure you can't drive anywhere far as I'm guessing it'll have cooling issues (if not other problems).

There is a huge grill in the body under the front frame section to let in cool air so I betcha it doesn't have a single problem with cooling. It doesn't look like there is a lot of seat room or adjust-ability however.

Is that the shaded yellow panel under the front bumper?

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2013-03-06/news/sfl-banana-mobile-20130306_1_banana-republic-top-banana-big-banana-car

http://www.trbimg.com/img-51374008/turbine/sfl-banana-mobile-20130306-001/400/400x249

BTW, I think this is a scam. Who would sell such a thing for $3k with hardly any info on build details or history?

Is that the shaded yellow panel under the front bumper?[/img]

BTW, I think this is a scam. Who would sell such a thing for $3k with hardly any info on build details or history?

yup, that's the grill. If it has any kind of fan on the other side it will be fine.

Eh it could be a scam. Keep in mind it's basically a parade float. When I lived in new orleans you used to see people selling old parade floats like these for less than the chassis or the engine was worth. I do agree that it is probably a 1995 chassis too which would make a difference as to value.

Banana website says it's a 93 chassis, and it seems to be a decent moneymaker.

The weather is getting a bit brisk, BUT there is still time to take that ride your kids have been asking for! After school “Banana Car Pick-Ups” are a favorite of children of all ages. We can be scheduled for birthday parties, school events, or just a jaunt around the city.

Adults also dig The Big Banana Car! It is a perfect compliment to Ladies Night Out, Bachelorette/Bachelor parties, weddings, anniversaries, etc. You think of an event, we can probably do it!

Don’t delay! Schedule your experience now before it gets too cold! The Big Banana flies west for the winter.

That was posted in September; seems hard to believe they'd sell it abruptly, and for only $3k. Scam. Bummer.