Why I keep my gun loaded and in reach.

speedytriple

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't bother me if somebody gets shot for being a criminal. You pay to play. You get wounded or killed, I don't care. I'll watch them crawl and bleed until paramedics arrive. But I wouldn't do it since I'm not allowed though, because it isn't worth me getting in trouble for.

Hey didnt he charge you with that screwdriver in his hand when you shot him? Sorry if it was dark and I went out side and someone charged me with a butter knife I think I would shoot. But, if they ran away I would not drop the hammer. Not worth going to jail for something out of a car!

Edited by speedytriple

My brother has one of the bioboxes and it works really well, small enough keep in the car or next to the bed, and also large enough to keep a full loaded XD and two mags comfortably. Nice thing is it also has a keypad backup. Problem is it's a little noisy.

loaded glock 22 with hollow points on the nightstand.. if someone unwanted enters the house, all they will hear is me chambering one

Leave one chambered.. whats the point of a gun for protection with no bullet in the chamber.

Lots of people do shit in your sleep. What if you're exhausted some night and you are restless in your sleep or even sleep walking and you grab that loaded gun with one in the chamber? It would creep me out having it loaded. You know if you commit a crime even when you're sleep walking and blacked out, you still get tried for it like it was planned out.:(

I have my gun loaded all the time. My gun is also also always in the holster even when Im not wearing it. The chance of you pulling the gun out of its holster in your sleep and then firing it is extremely low. The people that dont leave one in the chamber are the people that are not 100% comfortable with a loaded firearm around them. To be honest, this is something that allot of people go through when they first start dealing with firearms or CCW. Comfort with a loaded chamber will come with time for most.

why one isnt chambered is because the wife handles it as well, and we all know glocks dont have actual safeties you disengage. im comfortable to have one chambered at all times, she is not.

doesnt take but half a second to chamber a round.then another half a second to pull the trigger.

plus i have the dogs as the first line of defense.

so once i hear them bark, a round is chambered.

why one isnt chambered is because the wife handles it as well, and we all know glocks dont have actual safeties you disengage. im comfortable to have one chambered at all times, she is not.

doesnt take but half a second to chamber a round.then another half a second to pull the trigger.

plus i have the dogs as the first line of defense.

so once i hear them bark, a round is chambered.

No offense but if your wife isnt comfortable handling your gun with a round in it then she shouldnt be handling it at all. Thats a fact.. Either teach her how to handle a firearm (which you should do anyway) or tell her to keep her hands off of it. There is no room for a middle ground on this one.

There are more accidental deaths each year from people that think guns are "unloaded" then the opposite. Firearms should always be handled as if they are loaded because its going to be that one time you forget to unload it that some accident happens because your wife "thinks" that its always unloaded. If she is always expecting it to be loaded, then there will be no accident from her thinking its unloaded when it really wasnt. There is no argument here. You are setting up a very bad environment for your wife around your firearm and anyone will tell you that especially a firearms instructor. TEACH HER THAT ITS ALWAYS LOADED AND HOW TO HANDLE IT LOADED, AND SHE WILL TREAT ALL FIREARMS AS THOUGH THEY ARE ALWAYS LOADED. ALL FIREARMS SHOULD BE CONSIDERED LOADED UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE BY YOURSELF AND NOT SOMEONE ELSE OR A BAD HABIT OF JUST THINKING IT SHOULD BE UNLOADED!!!

Edited by flounder

she knows how to handle a firearm. and she does treat every firearm as if its loaded. she goes to the range quite often as well. mag out she will check to make sure there isnt a round chambered.

she is quite good with a firearm IMO.

you keep your weapon how and where you want it, and ill keep mine how it has been for a while now with no issues.

My point is that you are creating very bad habits IMO. With her always under the assumption that its unloaded she will be more likely to treat it that way. Its going to be that one time that you forget to unload it that something bad may happen. Do what your comfortable with but just realize that you are creating bad habits. Im confused that if your wife goes to the range all the time, and is "quite good" why she is uncomfortable with a loaded firearm. Im not nit picking here or trying to be a dick but I want people to be safe around firearms and what your saying is contradictory and confusing to me.

ok maybe i mis stated then...

she is comfortable the way we have it set up now. not uncomfortable to handle a loaded weapon though.

and i know what you are saying though. but i have made it embedded in her brain to treat every firearm as its loaded and she does

thanks for the advice.

we are both going to take the ccw class here shortly, not just for the permit, but to learn a little more. we are both avid shooters, and gun lovers. so the more you know the better off you are.

that's scary... partially why i sleep with one of these next to my bed. Not a gun, but i hope it would make someone think twice about being in my apt.

this serious? ... I like you more and more. Have any sisters? lol

Leave one chambered.. whats the point of a gun for protection with no bullet in the chamber.

QFT

The only time my gun ISN'T chambered is if I'm cleaning it, just put a clip through it waiting to reload, or some other necessary reason.

Someone can "threaten your life," if they have a rock in thier hand. So take care of business and work out the details later. In this day and age of touchy feely bullshit and don't offend some douchebag you've never met, thank all that is good you can still own, carry and, if necessary, use a firearm. If I have pants on I am armed period, or a gun is in reach. I am out cutting the grass with a holster and my trusty SIG at my side. Stay vigil, and ride hard life is short.

Edited by kawipilot