Anyone ever deal with a ebay related UPS insurance claim?

unfunnyryan

Last week I bought a server off ebay. TL;DR during shipping a impact to the box hit the pcie riser on the rear of the server and ended up fucking the pcie slot

The seller has been cool about it, and today he refunded me everything (note: I never asked for him to refund me, just made him aware of the damages)

The seller sent me this message

I just submitted the claim with UPS. They might come by and pick up the item from you so they can inspect. I had to include your phone number and email (I got both from the Ebay sales record). I just want to give you a heads on regarding that. Keep all the packing material, box, and item. They will want to see all of it.

I will still go ahead and give you a full refund for the item.

Is UPS going to show up at my place and try to take this server from me? Are they just going to look at it and the box it came in? If it matters, value was under $200. I have already ordered a new motherboard since I anticipated a refund from the guy, as well as some other parts that I ordered before the damage.

So...do I tell UPS to pound sand or what? It's not MY insurance claim. Lesson learned, don't count your servers before they hatch

UPS will want to take it for inspection. if you are persistant with them they will have you send them photos of the damage but make sure you kept the box and all packing because they will want to see that. If they pay out the claim on it they will keep the product I believe.