Red Dot/low magnification optic opinions?

ODoyle

I am looking for opinions on Red Dots for the AR I just built. $200 is about the top of my budget. I have been looking at Vortex StrikeFireII's.

If you have an opinion with something other than a red dot that is a 2x or 4x I am willing to look into that too. I just spent 700ish building the gun. I dont wan to buy a $20 walmart scope/red dot.

I am looking for opinions on Red Dots for the AR I just built. $200 is about the top of my budget. I have been looking at Vortex StrikeFireII's.

If you have an opinion with something other than a red dot that is a 2x or 4x I am willing to look into that too. I just spent 700ish building the gun. I dont wan to buy a $20 walmart scope/red dot.

I bought a strikefire II and a sparc AR. I love the strikefire, the Sparc is just too small for my liking.

I run the strikefire on one AR15 and have had no issues for over 5 years. I don't use the magnification on it though. I have a Sprac II on a AR9, and I like it a lot. I would lean toward the Sparc if I was getting another one.For $200, I don't think there is a company that is going to compete with Vortex for warranty. Edited by Mojoe

I run the strikefire on one AR15 and have had no issues for over 5 years. I don't use the magnification on it though. I have a Sprac II on a AR9, and like it a lot. I would lean toward the Sparc if I was getting another one.For $200, I don't think there is a company that is going to compete with Vortex for warranty.

This. I run a SPARC AR on my 14.5 BCM and a SPARC II on my AR9 pistol, never had a problem until recently. My SPARC II's power on button stopped working, but it will still run as long as a battery is in it. I need to send it in.

Edited by Mojoe

I found the Strikefire II at Cabela and used some points I had been saving up.

I dont need to magnify as I am not shooting really long distances, when I am I think I will get something that can do 6x.

Once I get it mounted I will have to post some pictures! Thanks for the input!