1979 Fiat X-1/9 - $5,500

31rx7

Sadly, it is time to sell this little gem. Too many two seat cars not getting too much use.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r228/31rx7/1979%20Fiat%20X19/Fiat_zps1m2pvlff.jpg

The basics:

1979 Fiat X-1/9

Black Metallic

Full mechanical restoration including engine rebuild, clutch, brakes, tires, etc. by Midwest Bayless

Interior is very good

Exterior is good, paint shiny, minimal rust (for a Fiat!). A 10 footer.

See attached flyer on Google Drive for more details. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6YdWFJITSXzUUNDOXo1VWI5V1E/view?usp=sharing

The car is at its best cruising on a twisting road with the top off. I classify this car as a strong driver quality car. You could fix the body and do local shows, or drive it as is for quite some time.

Prefer cash deal but might take something interesting on trade as a commuter.

Let me know.

Rich

sic won pho phi sic won tree pho won too

Just a note to anyone considering this who doesn't know, Midwest Bayless is among the best FIAT restorers in the country, especially when it comes to "regular ole" restorations. They're not making show cars, they make cars for people to drive. I know the Brannon family well and they are FIAT nutjobs through and through, and their specialty just so happens to be X1/9s. If their hands have been on this car, it's been well taken care of. I would trust Matt Brannon to dis-and-re-assemble an X1/9 motor in his sleep.

Plus their race X1/9s look stupid fun.

GLWS!

Just a note to anyone considering this who doesn't know, Midwest Bayless is among the best FIAT restorers in the country, especially when it comes to "regular ole" restorations. They're not making show cars, they make cars for people to drive. I know the Brannon family well and they are FIAT nutjobs through and through, and their specialty just so happens to be X1/9s. If their hands have been on this car, it's been well taken care of. I would trust Matt Brannon to dis-and-re-assemble an X1/9 motor in his sleep.

Plus their race X1/9s look stupid fun.

GLWS!

Yes, Matt and his team have been through this stem to stern. Check the PDF I have linked in the ad for the full story on this car.

The only reason I am letting it go is that my attention is on racing, both autocross (Corvette) and road racing (Mustang), and I don't want this to sit.

Will flex on price for a serious buyer and quick sale.

That is a really unique car it looks like it would be a fun driver.

Yes it is, and you never see these any more, particularly in rust belt states like ours. We have more people stop and comment on this car than we do on the Corvette, Mustang, or S2000!

Rich is a great guy and I am sure this car has been well taken care of.

Well, that might be debatable...

GLWS!!

Thanks!

These are cool little cars, my dad had one and won I believe a $20 bet black in high school or college that he couldn't turn it around in a 2 car garage with the door closed, needless to say he did it