Rescue Run 2017 presented by Bark&Co. May 27, 2017

mrs.cos

http://i.imgur.com/RDkr1C1l.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/91xlrzOl.jpg

Registration is open!

**What is the Rescue Run?**

The PetPromise Rescue Run is a 5K run/walk and festival held annually on Memorial Day weekend at McFerson Commons park in the Arena District. It promotes awareness of the pet overpopulation problem and supports efforts to change the future for all homeless pets through education, rescue, sterilization, and adoption.

**Please be sure to visit our sponsors.**

These companies care about homeless animals in our community. Our sponsors underwrite all of the event's expenses. In appreciation of their support and concern for animals, we encourage you to frequent their businesses.

**Your entry fees and pledges make a difference for homeless pets!**

Each year PetPromise rescues and provides food and medical care to hundreds of homeless, unwanted, and abused dogs and cats. For most of these animals, PetPromise is their last hope. Your entry fee and pledges will help give homeless pets a second chance.

**Who is PetPromise.org**

PetPromise is made up of a group of volunteers who care about the future of companion animals and who work together to help change the future of homeless pets.

**OUR HISTORY**

The founders of PetPromise began rescuing and finding homes for stray cats and dogs in 1996. The founders along with a network of other people interested in the welfare of homeless companion animals formed PetPromise in 1999. PetPromise was officially incorporated on February 4, 2000.

**OUR WORK**

* rescuing strays from the street or from death row at shelters

* providing pets in our charge with medical care and rehabilitation

* guiding placement and adoption of pets into permanent homes

* providing spay and neuter services for feral cats

* creating community awareness and education

* raising capital funds to secure a no-kill sanctuary

• 3 weeks later...

Bump!

41026e3dd6ce6a98d5a34bc42b6c774f.jpg

I had a foster over this weekend start showing signs of Parvo Virus. Parvo is a potentially deadly disease to young dogs and its VERY fast spreading. Owen had to be hospitalized and is now on 3 medications to help keep him from dying. It is treatable when caught early. Thankfully i recognized signs of the illness and we got him to Rascal quickly.

Owens hospital bills have come in at a tune of about $1300. One of the reasons for Rescue Run is to help cover care of the animals we take in.

I am setting my fundraising goal at $1000 and would appreciate any donations you can offer, and hope you will join us in this great event!

Donate here!

Edited by damreds