Re-attaching CF bodywork

Geeto67

So about a year ago the car was at MAG took the carbon fiber spoiler off the roof of the wife's audi. I've been lazy about fixing it.Since we went as a family to CCC last weekend the wife has now been riding my ass to fix it. One side of the adhesive let go from the body completely, the other side broke some of the epoxy off from the mounting side (and there is a chunk still attached to the roof). I can re-epoxy the broken glass, but how do I get this stuff to stick?

The company that made the wing wants to sell me this:

http://www.osirusa.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=OU&Product_Code=OSIR-ADHV-150&Category_Code=A38PEB

It was what was on there before, and for the most part it looks like it worked ok. Still, it's $50 freaking dollars for what is just a tube of two part epoxy.

One of the guys at NAPA recommended 3m panel bonding adhesive. It's half the price but I think it is the stuff people use to join 1/4 panels to cars and not a CF wing to a painted surface (I think I would have to clean the paint off the metal). I just don't know if this is the right stuff.

So what do you guys think? how do I get that wing back on the car?

How did it come off? Tunnel car wash?

Is the car machine washed?

If not, clean the surface with alcohol, use 3m trim tape and some clear silicone to fill the air gaps and it will stay just fine.

If you machine wash it...just leave it off.

My dive planes on my front bumper stay put when I regularly hit 140+ at the track with the method above.

How did it come off? Tunnel car wash?

Is the car machine washed?

If not, clean the surface with alcohol, use 3m trim tape and some clear silicone to fill the air gaps and it will stay just fine.

If you machine wash it...just leave it off.

My dive planes on my front bumper stay put when I regularly hit 140+ at the track with the method above.

My wife runs the car through the moo moo once a month, so machine washed. The wing held on from 2011 to 2016 through a lot of machine washes, just that machine wash they have at mag must have snagged it.

My wife runs the car through the moo moo once a month, so machine washed. The wing held on from 2011 to 2016 through a lot of machine washes, just that machine wash they have at mag must have snagged it.

You're probably going to have to go with a more permanent adhesive sealant like what was suggested to you. I'd have to bet there are cheaper alternatives out there but I don't have enough knowledge in that area to be able to recommend alternatives.

Just surface prep the heck out of both sides of the mating surface with alcohol or specific body shop surface prep materials in order to get the maximum bond possible.

Kerry! Ugh.... Have her take it to the touchless systems around town. They aren't bad.

PM or Text Kevin Clifford. He can probably point you in the right direction.