Can anyone recommend movers?

justinwebb

We used two men and a truck and had great results. They moved us from our condo in Gahanna to our house in lewis center. They spent an hour at each place just in PREPPING the house for them to come inside. Layed out stuff over the carpets and corners to ensure no damage will be done. They did not charge us for this time for there prep either. Would not hesitate to use them again. Im sure its probably a luck of who you get but this crew was great, they were quick and efficient.

Outside the box moving... If you talk to Jeron, tell him Art sent you.

outsidetheboxmoving.com

(614) 749-2974

Good guys over there, when I was with Bins we used them to service our clients with our Bins.

Do it yourself: http://www.gotbins.com

Full Service:

Outside the Box

or

Leaders Moving : http://www.leadersmoving.com/

I would NEVER use leaders moving. Most unprofessional business I've ever dealt with. Literally cancelled the morning of our move. With no recourse other than "we can try to move you three days later".

I'd rather move my entire house using a Del sol than "trust" this company.

I would NEVER use leaders moving. Most unprofessional business I've ever dealt with. Literally cancelled the morning of our move. With no recourse other than "we can try to move you three days later".

I'd rather move my entire house using a Del sol than "trust" this company.

very interesting, in the 3 years I worked alongside them I saw nothing like that.

Maybe I caught them on their worst day. But for me that is no excuse. It was ridiculous and they hardly acted like they cared either. I had to call them 30 minutes after they were already due to be moving us and they told us they didn't have a driver. I had already packed up my entire house moving 3 hours away. We had to hire some shady craigslist movers which their truck kept breaking down on the way.

I am moving the boxes and just leaving the heavy stuff like dressers and bed frames couches and appliances, keep getting super high quotes for some reason. I shall try the places listed above. Thanks all for the advice!

Groupon? If it's just a few big things you could probably pick up a 4 hour block of time and have it work out.

I don't trust moving companies with full moves because they are slow and lazy as all get out. When I used to move people on the side in college numerous customers told us what we moved in 1 day it took most other companies 3-4 days...

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I am moving the boxes and just leaving the heavy stuff like dressers and bed frames couches and appliances, keep getting super high quotes for some reason. I shall try the places listed above. Thanks all for the advice!

I used a company off Groupon...they were "okay". I did what you mentioned- I took care of all the boxes and they did all the heavy shit. It ended up being about $275 for 3 hours.

Maybe I caught them on their worst day. But for me that is no excuse. It was ridiculous and they hardly acted like they cared either. I had to call them 30 minutes after they were already due to be moving us and they told us they didn't have a driver. I had already packed up my entire house moving 3 hours away. We had to hire some shady craigslist movers which their truck kept breaking down on the way.

It's hilarious you say that, when I lived in Boston we had to use a sketchy CL guy. He called us the day of the move and said "I can't do it, I double booked, I'm sorry. But I did get a friend to help me out, he's gonna be there at the rigth time and i'll take $50 off what I quoted you."

So yeah, if a sketchy dude with a truck from CL can scrap together a spare driver the day of a move, why can't a professional company?

• 2 weeks later...