Parking lot scratch - where to buff it out?

zeitgeist57

My neighbor is enough of a car guy to lease a Mazda 6 Touring with a 6-speed manual, so doing a little HBO here...

He was parked downtown and a Jeep rolled into a parking spot next to him. He was not there. When he DID get to his car, he noticed the scrape on his bumper. He saw the red paint and looked at the neighboring Jeep...sure enough, scratches and paint missing from it's left-front bumper corner. He left a note and the owner called him.

The quarter panel was not affected. Kevin Clifford took a look at the pic my neighbor sent below and said to rub nail polish remover on the scratch and Jeep paint, and likely buff it out afterwards.

*I'll upload a pic after I download the Imgur app...apparently you can't free-upload pics to their site anymore from a phone???*

Is a small refinishing job like this something a paintless-dent-repair (PDR) shop can do? Thanks!

how deep is it? Did it go to the metal? primer? or is there still red paint and the clear coat is unaffected?

if it isn't too deep he could try some of this stuff:

http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=71145126&KPID=22175568&cid=CAPLA:G:Shopping_-_Catch_All_-_New&pla=pla_22175568&k_clickid=f93bcbe6-275b-4331-b067-8fac047e8415

It fills and smooths pretty well. I used it on my mother's x3 bumper in february and it took out the majority of the scratches, it just wouldn't do much for the ones through to the primer or metal.