cell phone geeks?

Spidey2721

Love my s8 plus. Had the s7 edge and loved it as well. Durable phones. I run mine without screen protectors and a TPU rubbery shell case to keep it as thin as possible. I drop my phone ever so often and haven't had any issues. I try to be mindful though. I believe the phone is water resistant but I'm certainly not taking showers with it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'm curious how people are using these new S8's w/o a case. I have a regular S7, which I love, but I hated using it without a case. I don't have particularly fat fingers, but whenever I grabbed the sides of it, I'd touch the screen and open something. Drove me nuts. Finally put a case on it and it's perfect now. I'd imagine the S8 is even worse.

I've got the S8+ with the otterbox commuter and the otterbox alpha glass. Love it so far. Coming from a Note 4, its much thinner and the performance is great.

I have a note 4 and I'm itching for something new.

My iphone 6 plus has been having battery issues for about a month now not holding a charge. Yesterday it completely stopped working. I had been researching phone and was set on the s7 edge. The sales man tried to,get me,in an s8 but I didn't like it. I ended up going LG G6 after lots of reviews and reading and comparing. So far I love it.

Personally have an S7 non-edge. 3 guys at the shop have the s7edge and all 3 have cracks in either the screen or back glass. My S7 has taken a beating. Had to replace the wife do to frame, battery, and glass damage, but that was do to getting crushed under the corner of our rocking recliner loveseat. She took mine and I was looking at getting the s8 however didn't feel comfortable with the edge glass. Don't like that there isn't really any protection even with a case.

If you don't like a curved screen check out the LG G6! Mine's been great so far. I was planning on switching to the S8 (I have a thing on T-Mobile where I can switch 3 times a year with no down payment or payoff), but I haven't had a reason to.

I'm really interested to hear from an S8 owner about the fingerprint scanner placement. I am not a big fan of the backside placement like on the Pixel or LG phones, but I would probably get used to it. on the S8 it seems like I'd end up smudging the camera lens every 5 minutes.

but I would probably get used to it. on the S8 it seems like I'd end up smudging the camera lens every 5 minutes.

I really think having the sensor on the back is the best place to put it. With that being said, on the S8 it's in an awkward spot, it's off to the side and too far up. On the pixel and nexus 5x it's right where (or at least close to) where your finger naturally goes when you pick it up.