"No pull" dog harness?

2 Sweet

I also have a fox hound in the 80lb range.I've used everything from a pop collar (choke chain), slip lead, gentle leader and the sport dog collar. I've always seen harnesses as a tool for being pulled or chaining up your dog.

I recommend the gentle leader and slip lead set up the same as the gentle leader. Just give it a twist after it's around the neck and place it over the nose. Stick with it, hounds are stubborn.

Your dog will not like it, they know they've lost control over you. You have to let them get to the point where they get tired of trying to get it off their face. My dog has gotten to the point where he shoves his face into the gentle leader when I pull it out now.

Also try training in a pack.

This worked well for my dog - walked him with it for a week or so and he stopped pulling anymore when using the regular collar. Do have to get it out every 4-6 months to remind him though... funny enough mentioning the word "harness" will shape him up if he starts pulling during a walk.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BHRFAK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Do not get a harness that hooks on the top, this just gives the dog more leverage and less chocking itself = makes it pull even more. The one above torques the dog back towards you as it pulls.