RIP Chris Cornell (Soundgarden)

zeitgeist57

Yeezus...this has been a dark time...

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_OBIT_CHRIS_CORNELL?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2017-05-18-08-06-52

Forget all that "Black Hole Sun" rehashing that everyone seems to remember...Chris Cornell was an amazing vocalist and his songs with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, Audioslave helped shape my youth.

Found this out through Ryan (unfunnyryan) on FB. Crazy that he was scheduled to play Rock on the Range on Friday...

RIP. He will truly be missed.

this is tragic. Absolutely effing tragic.

Badmotorfinger, Superunknown, and Down on the Upside defined the 1990's for me - I was in love with soundgarden back then and still am.

Just to bring this a little more relevant to this forums, supposedly he was a motorcycle collector. He had a rigid shovelhead, some old triumphs, and an Exlie chopper called "mad max" that I think was destroyed back in 2006 in an accident. There are also pics floating around of a porsche 550 spyder that belongs to him but no idea if it is a Beck replica or a real one.

Shithead has a 12, 13, and 16 year old kids, Yeah he can sing, but fuck that's so selfish and shitty to do to your children if it is a suicide. I can't comprehend it, and never will.

Doesn't necessarily make him a selfish garbage-human that hates america. Rockstars often abuse substances and substances can break delicate chemical balance in your body. He could have sent himself down this path before his kids were even swimmin.

Shithead has a 12, 13, and 16 year old kids, Yeah he can sing, but fuck that's so selfish and shitty to do to your children if it is a suicide. I can't comprehend it, and never will.

You cant comprehend it because you are more selfish than you perceive him to be.

Your man crush on me is tiresome.

He's cheating on me with you? The bastard.

Maybe for his birthday we can just get him the grinder app and a bucket of astroglide and he can finally relieve all that sexual tension he seems to be venting here.

Maybe he was into strangling himself while he masterbated??

Even if auto-erotic asphyxiation was his cause of death, would your family and friends want that to be reported in the news? *cough**cough* DAVID CARRADINE *cough*

I would want to hear from some of the band members and roadies about how Chris' demeanor was during and after the show...

Even if auto-erotic asphyxiation was his cause of death, would your family and friends want that to be reported in the news? *cough**cough* DAVID CARRADINE *cough*

I dunno...I think David Carradine actually made it one of the more hip ways to go. I mean it's kind of rock and roll in that it's both decadent and accidental while living close to the edge. Don't get me wrong, dying sucks, dying young super sucks, and dying when you have kids that depend on you triple sucks donkey dick, but as far as ways to go auto-erotic asphyxiation is kind of closer to the plane/car crash, overdose, Murder side of the spectrum of rock and roll death than it is to the ham sandwich, ungrounded equipment electrocution, chemical exposure while remodeling, falling down an elevator shaft end of things.

I was just saying last week that I wish there had been a Chris Cornell/Layne Staley collaboration. This is not what I meant!

:lolguy:

For real though, Layne was off the chains.