Pikes Peak Z06

Geeto67

Anybody following this story on Jalopnik?

http://jalopnik.com/my-salvage-z06-is-the-fastest-corvette-ever-to-go-up-pi-1796489202

I'm kind of impressed at both the time frame and how much of the street car is retained in this run. I love Pikes peak because like Bonneville it is top tier racing that is still accessible to anybody who wants to participate.

I JUST read that when I was at lunch, very cool story as it progressed from a salvage car with a plan to a T/A car at Pikes Peak. Wondering how many other C7 Z06s have run up that mountain though, or was the one they built just THAT much more mean?

Saw automatic and thought exactly the same thing !!!!

In the article it discusses the overheating problems he had with the car. Part of it was from having removed the ducting in the nose, so air wasn't flowing through the radiator.

One of the fixes they used was to hook the windshield washer to spray the radiator through the run.

There were other challenges too, like how removing the steering wheel prevented the TC from being turned off.

It's really a good series of articles, you guys should read it.

In the article it discusses the overheating problems he had with the car. Part of it was from having removed the ducting in the nose, so air wasn't flowing through the radiator.

One of the fixes they used was to hook the windshield washer to spray the radiator through the run.

There were other challenges too, like how removing the steering wheel prevented the TC from being turned off.

It's really a good series of articles, you guys should read it.

Honestly a lot of these articles I would love to read but 95% of the time the author is so technically illiterate its too irritating to get far into them. Ill give this a go.