looking for recomend: FHA certified contractor

BBQdDude

We are in the process of buying a short sale via FHA loan. I am doing a 203k streamline loan also to cover rehab costs.

I am looking for people who have used and can give a good review on a FHA certified contractor.

You don't need a FHA certified contractor for a 203k...just a licensed/insured contractor will do. Hope this helps!

-Marc

We just did this exact same thing at the end of 2016 and he is right about just needing someone licensed and insured. We did find a lot of contractors will not do them because of the extra steps and that some of them specialize in it. I can look up our contractor if you'd like. What type of work are you needing done?

You do need an FHA certified contractor for a FULL 203k. There is now a limited (steam K) and Full K as defined by FHA. Anyone can help you on a limited, but you need an FHA cert guy for a full.

From your list, it could be either. 35k+ in repairs and/or structural work is usually the cut off for a full K. Your loan officer should be able to let you know which you are doing, and give you a full list of approved contractors in royu area. If your LO cant do both, you should really find a different LO. :) Working with someone thats is flying blind on a 203k can make the process absolutely brutal.

Thanks marc :).

Chad, yes please. Will pm you as I am looking for recommends but we are looking at:

bathroom gut/rehab

siding

windows

carperting

HVAC work

Harold Davis, Creative Services LTD. Specializes in bathrooms and kitchens, he loves doing tile. I can't remember if he has a degree, or just experience, but either way he has a strong background in graphic design, so he can put the pen to paper and then make it happen for you.

http://creativeservicesltd.com/

Tell him Alex Caxide (pronounced Casheed) sent you. If he can't do it, he can probably recommend someone who will.

You do need an FHA certified contractor for a FULL 203k. There is now a limited (steam K) and Full K as defined by FHA. Anyone can help you on a limited, but you need an FHA cert guy for a full..

Seems I am stream not full :).

You do need an FHA certified contractor for a FULL 203k. There is now a limited (steam K) and Full K as defined by FHA. Anyone can help you on a limited, but you need an FHA cert guy for a full.

From your list, it could be either. 35k+ in repairs and/or structural work is usually the cut off for a full K. Your loan officer should be able to let you know which you are doing, and give you a full list of approved contractors in royu area. If your LO cant do both, you should really find a different LO. :) Working with someone thats is flying blind on a 203k can make the process absolutely brutal.

He clearly stated in his original post it was for a streamline...

Brian, I'm sure your lender has already walked you through the information on a streamline but this link may also be helpful: https://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/program_offices/housing/sfh/203k

Good luck!

-Marc

He clearly stated in his original post it was for a streamline...

Brian, I'm sure your lender has already walked you through the information on a streamline but this link may also be helpful: https://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/program_offices/housing/sfh/203k

Good luck!

-Marc

As always, thank you Marc. I will give it a good read over. They have covered my questions but knowledge is power; so I must read.