Anyone ever gone through a divorce with kids involved? What to expect..

smokin5s

Anyone on here go through a divorce that have kids? What should I expect? Anyone recommend a good lawyer? I want custody of my daughter.. the plaintiff does nothing but sleep all day and has no business having custody of my daughter and she made it abundantly clear tonight that she has no intention of even shared custody.

there's a few lawyers in that thread but mostly people saying to work things out... kind of hard to do so when you're always wrong and she makes the kids feel the same way and posts on facebook asking for good divorce lawyers then blocking you. Edited by smokin5s

I'm really sorry to hear it. As it has already been said, I wish you guys could work it out but if it's that bad, it's not helping your daughter in any way for you guys to be together and hate each other.

Colin Beach with Walker Novak Legal Group - 937-524-9355. Tell him Marc Stock sent you.

-Marc

Just a question for those who have chimed in on both threads-

have you asked family to help mediate? Like, her mom/dad/siblings? There has to be someone that can be a middle man to talk about this. It may be embarrassing at first, but if divorce is inevitable its all the same no?

I had a good friend ask for help in a similar situation, I was good friends with both parties and acted as a neutral mediator. 3 years later, so far so good and only their closest friends new there was a serious issue at one point.

her mother is a total piece of shit... we're talking thinks it's ok for a 16 year old to have a stripper for her birthday party, I've caught her giving my daughter booze on more than one occasion, etc.... I told her to knock it off or I'm calling the police and she tells my wife every chance she gets to leave me and bad mouths me to my children every chance she gets... so her parents wouldn't be any help in the matter.

I'm really sorry to hear it. As it has already been said, I wish you guys could work it out but if it's that bad, it's not helping your daughter in any way for you guys to be together and hate each other.

Colin Beach with Walker Novak Legal Group - 937-524-9355. Tell him Marc Stock sent you.

-Marc

Thanks Mark!